Eight suspected militants arrested in Pak
Peshawar: Pakistani police arrested eight
suspected militants, including two Afghan nationals, and
seized 30 kg of explosives during raids in the country`s
northwest today, officials said.
Police raided a house in Lakhtai area of Hangu
district in Khyber-Pakhtunkhwa province and seized 30 kilogram
Seven suspects, including two Afghans, were arrested
during the raid, police official Gul Jamal said.
Police raided another house in Darsamand area and
apprehended a wanted militant and seized a 12.7mm machine gun,
a Kalashnikov and pistols, police official Aleem Khattak said.
Authorities burn Taliban leaders` homes in Swat
Peshawar: Three Taliban militants were
killed in a clash with security forces and the homes of two
absconding commanders of the group were torched by authorities
in the restive Swat district of northwest Pakistan today.
Three militants were shot dead in a gun battle that
erupted while security forces were conducting a search
operation at Shain Katt village in Charbagh sub-division, a
former stronghold of the Tehreek-e-Taliban.
On spotting the security forces, the militants fired
indiscriminately. The militants were killed when the security
forces retaliated. There were no casualties among the security
forces, officials said.
In a separate development, the homes of militant
commanders Bakht Zaman and Pervaish Khan were torched by
authorities at Minglawar in Swat after they failed to
surrender within a deadline set by the administration.
The relatives of militant commanders Abdul Wahab and
Bakht Zaman were also expelled from their homes at Baish
Banar. Two days ago, the families of three other militant
commanders were expelled from their homes.
Local residents have welcomed the controversial
decision to torch the houses of Taliban commanders and expel
- J&K: Teams named after militants in cricket tournament
- Laser walls activated along Indo-Pak border to keep vigil against terrorists
- Haji Ali Dargah row: Trupti Desai wants support of Aamir, Salman, SRK
- ISRO successfully launches IRNSS-1G into the orbit
- IRNSS-1G launch: It's a great gift to people of India from scientists, says PM Modi
- India deeply appreciates US' engagement in Asia-Pacific: Ashton Carter
- VVIP chopper scam: Ex-IAF chief SP Tyagi had admitted to meeting middleman Haschke
- F-16 fighter jets sold to Pakistan could be used against India: US lawmakers
- Fee hike: Schools will not budge with dharnas, submit a written complaint, Manish Sisodia tells parents
- Know what Shah Rukh Khan feels about PM Narendra Modi’s ‘Make In India’ initiative