Eight suspected militants arrested in Pak
Peshawar: Pakistani police arrested eight
suspected militants, including two Afghan nationals, and
seized 30 kg of explosives during raids in the country`s
northwest today, officials said.
Police raided a house in Lakhtai area of Hangu
district in Khyber-Pakhtunkhwa province and seized 30 kilogram
Seven suspects, including two Afghans, were arrested
during the raid, police official Gul Jamal said.
Police raided another house in Darsamand area and
apprehended a wanted militant and seized a 12.7mm machine gun,
a Kalashnikov and pistols, police official Aleem Khattak said.
Authorities burn Taliban leaders` homes in Swat
Peshawar: Three Taliban militants were
killed in a clash with security forces and the homes of two
absconding commanders of the group were torched by authorities
in the restive Swat district of northwest Pakistan today.
Three militants were shot dead in a gun battle that
erupted while security forces were conducting a search
operation at Shain Katt village in Charbagh sub-division, a
former stronghold of the Tehreek-e-Taliban.
On spotting the security forces, the militants fired
indiscriminately. The militants were killed when the security
forces retaliated. There were no casualties among the security
forces, officials said.
In a separate development, the homes of militant
commanders Bakht Zaman and Pervaish Khan were torched by
authorities at Minglawar in Swat after they failed to
surrender within a deadline set by the administration.
The relatives of militant commanders Abdul Wahab and
Bakht Zaman were also expelled from their homes at Baish
Banar. Two days ago, the families of three other militant
commanders were expelled from their homes.
Local residents have welcomed the controversial
decision to torch the houses of Taliban commanders and expel
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
More from Health
- PM Narendra Modi's speech at Heart of Asia conference
- India-Afghanistan thrash Pakistan over terrorism issue in Heart of Asia conference
- Gujarat: Goods train engine catches fire in Surat
- Tamil Nadu CM Jayalalithaa's condition extremely grave
- Tamil Nadu CM Jayalalithaa suffers cardiac arrest; being monitored
- Fake or Real? 'Alien animal' caught on Karnataka-Kerala border
- People want to know whether Jayalalithaa is alive or not; PM Narendra Modi must intervene, says expelled AIADMK MP Sasikala Pushpa
- Tamil Nadu CM Jayalalithaa's condition continues to remain critical after suffering cardiac arrest
- Jayalalithaa's health condition: Amma critical, nation's political fraternity expresses concern - Who said what
- Jayalalithaa's health condition: AIADMK member from Cuddalore dies after seeing news about Tamil Nadu CM's cardiac arrest