Eight suspected militants killed in Afghanistan
Kabul: Eight suspected Taliban militants were killed and 10 injured as protesters and police clashed in Afghanistan`s Kandahar province, an official said.
The incident occurred on Wednesday as a large number of people staged a demonstration in the province`s Maiwand district, condemning Pakistani military incursion in Nangarhar province`s Goshta district, Xinhua reported.
"But the Taliban elements availing opportunity hiding themselves among the demonstrators and opened fire on police, " said the official requesting anonymity, adding eight rebels (militants) were killed in police response.
Afghan and Pakistani border forces have exchanged fire twice since last Wednesday in Goshta district. Since then the people have staged rallies in different cities including Kandahar to denounce the alleged Pakistani incursion into Afghanistan.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- UP polls: Top 5 highlights of PM Modi's speech in Bahraich
- NASA discovers seven Earth-like planets orbiting a single star
- Is Samajwadi Party-Congress alliance just a compulsion for Akhilesh Yadav?
- BMC election results 2017: Shiv Sena ahead as single largest party
- UP polls: When fans played spoilsport for SP star campaigner Dimple Yadav
- Reliance Jio Vs Airtel free data plan: A comparison
- BMC election 2017 results: As it happened
- How Kashmiris use children for 'meri jaan Pakistan' type 'freedom struggle' - WATCH
- Maharashtra Civic Poll Results 2017: As it happened on Thursday