Eleven shot dead in Karachi
Islamabad: As many as 11 people, including a former member of the provincial assembly, have been gunned down in different parts of Pakistan`s port city of Karachi, News agencies reported Sunday.
Sixty-year-old Malik Ata, a former member of the provincial assembly, was shot dead Saturday in the city`s Mehmoodabad area,News Agencies reported.
The leader was sitting outside his house when two armed men, riding a motorcycle, arrived and sprayed him with bullets. He died at the hospital.
Police said Malik`s murder seemed to be sectarian in nature.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Highlights - India vs England 2nd ODI in Cuttack
- Donald Trump to be sworn in as 45th US President today
- Etah: School bus collides with truck, several children killed
- Exclusive: Srinagar freezes at minus 3; common man struggles for basic commodities
- J&K: LeT militant gunned down by security forces in Bandipora
- WATCH: MS Dhoni asks Jasprit Bumrah to go easy after he hurriedly ran out England skipper Eoin Morgan
- WATCH: How MS Dhoni saved Yuvraj Singh's wicket with another successful DRS review
- IND vs ENG, 2nd ODI: Yuvraj Singh silences critics with 14th ODI hundred, fourth against England — WATCH
- India vs England: After Virender Sehwag, Sachin Tendulkar gives Piers Morgan cricketing gyan
- Donald Trump's Inauguration Day: As it happened