Eleven shot dead in Karachi
Islamabad: As many as 11 people, including a former member of the provincial assembly, have been gunned down in different parts of Pakistan`s port city of Karachi, News agencies reported Sunday.
Sixty-year-old Malik Ata, a former member of the provincial assembly, was shot dead Saturday in the city`s Mehmoodabad area,News Agencies reported.
The leader was sitting outside his house when two armed men, riding a motorcycle, arrived and sprayed him with bullets. He died at the hospital.
Police said Malik`s murder seemed to be sectarian in nature.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Bird flu grips nation, Delhi worst affected
- I pay my tribute to martyr Naresh Pal: PM Narendra Modi
- Some people are creating confusion between me and my father: Akhilesh Yadav
- How will the rift in Samajwadi Party affect UP politics?
- DNA: Exclusive report on the extreme sacrifices made by ITBP soldiers
- India vs New Zealand, 3rd ODI: As it happened...
- This is why Cyrus Mistry was removed as Chairman of Tata Sons!
- Prompt action on border pushes Pak to offer olive branch, says both sides need to 'formalise' 2003 ceasefire
- Read letters by Ratan Tata to PM Narendra Modi and Group employees after Cyrus Mistry's ouster
- 7th Pay Commission: Committee on Allowances proposes hike in HRA for central govt employees