Eleven Taliban militants killed in Afghanistan
Kabul: NATO-led forces killed 11 Taliban fighters in separate operations in southern Afghanistan, the military alliance said.
The operation took place Tuesday night in Washeer district of Helmand province, the provincial governor`s office said in a statement Wednesday.
"Combined forces operation killed 11 militants," it said, adding there were no civilian casualties reported.
Helmand, a Taliban stronghold in the south, is one of the most volatile provinces in Afghanistan. US military officials have claimed "fragile and reversible" gains in the past year.
Separately, a bomb hidden in a fuel-tanker for NATO forces exploded and killed the driver and injured another person in southern Uruzgan province Wednesday, Khudai Rahim, the provincial governor said.
"A few other tankers parked nearby also caught fire due to the explosion," the governor said, without giving the exact number of tankers destroyed.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Essel Group Chairman Dr Subhash Chandra honoured in Haryana
- Watch: PM Modi's 23rd edition of Mann ki Baat
- Vishal Dadlani apologises after tweet on Jain monk backfires
- Panel discussion on Vishal Dadlani's controversial tweet on Jain monk
- Panel discussion on Vishal Dadlani's controversial tweet on Jain monk - Part II
- Italy mourns quake victims, death toll rises to 291
- Kriti Sanon can't wait to watch 'MS Dhoni - The Untold Story'
- Indian women's hockey stars humiliated, made to sit on floor of train on way back home from Rio
- Donald Trump vows 'tracking system' to deport everyone whose visa expires
- Rockets fired at Turkey's Diyarbakir airport