Eleven Taliban militants killed in Afghanistan
Kabul: NATO-led forces killed 11 Taliban fighters in separate operations in southern Afghanistan, the military alliance said.
The operation took place Tuesday night in Washeer district of Helmand province, the provincial governor`s office said in a statement Wednesday.
"Combined forces operation killed 11 militants," it said, adding there were no civilian casualties reported.
Helmand, a Taliban stronghold in the south, is one of the most volatile provinces in Afghanistan. US military officials have claimed "fragile and reversible" gains in the past year.
Separately, a bomb hidden in a fuel-tanker for NATO forces exploded and killed the driver and injured another person in southern Uruzgan province Wednesday, Khudai Rahim, the provincial governor said.
"A few other tankers parked nearby also caught fire due to the explosion," the governor said, without giving the exact number of tankers destroyed.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Analysis of terror attacks in Baramulla and Kupwara
- DNA: Farooq Abdullah insults national anthem, talks on phone
- Should IAS officers express their opinion on social media platform?
- Should IAS officers express their opinion on social media platform?- Part II
- Should IAS officers express their opinion on social media platform?- Part III
- Subramanian panel submits report on New Education Policy
- 'Meri Pyaari Bindu' Parineeti Chopra is in awe of Kolkata!
- Andhra Pradesh CM Chandrababu Naidu hints at providing reservation to upper caste poor
- French Open 2016, Day 6: Rafael Nadal pulls out, Andy Murray and Kei Nishikori enter last 16
- China to expand counter-terror cooperation with India: Official