Eleven Taliban militants killed in Afghanistan
Kabul: NATO-led forces killed 11 Taliban fighters in separate operations in southern Afghanistan, the military alliance said.
The operation took place Tuesday night in Washeer district of Helmand province, the provincial governor`s office said in a statement Wednesday.
"Combined forces operation killed 11 militants," it said, adding there were no civilian casualties reported.
Helmand, a Taliban stronghold in the south, is one of the most volatile provinces in Afghanistan. US military officials have claimed "fragile and reversible" gains in the past year.
Separately, a bomb hidden in a fuel-tanker for NATO forces exploded and killed the driver and injured another person in southern Uruzgan province Wednesday, Khudai Rahim, the provincial governor said.
"A few other tankers parked nearby also caught fire due to the explosion," the governor said, without giving the exact number of tankers destroyed.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- 'Achhe din': Residents of PM Modi's adopted village to get free electricity, work in full swing
- Deepika Padukone, Vin Diesel in first ‘xXx: The Return of Xander Cage’ video – Watch
- Siachen miracle: Lance Naik Koppad's wife terms her husband's 'news of being alive' as 'rebirth for family'
- How Lance Naik Hanumanthappa survived 6 days below 25 feet of snow in Siachen
- See pic: Call for further study after discovery of baboon-like creature on Mars!