Eleven Taliban militants killed in Afghanistan
Kabul: NATO-led forces killed 11 Taliban fighters in separate operations in southern Afghanistan, the military alliance said.
The operation took place Tuesday night in Washeer district of Helmand province, the provincial governor`s office said in a statement Wednesday.
"Combined forces operation killed 11 militants," it said, adding there were no civilian casualties reported.
Helmand, a Taliban stronghold in the south, is one of the most volatile provinces in Afghanistan. US military officials have claimed "fragile and reversible" gains in the past year.
Separately, a bomb hidden in a fuel-tanker for NATO forces exploded and killed the driver and injured another person in southern Uruzgan province Wednesday, Khudai Rahim, the provincial governor said.
"A few other tankers parked nearby also caught fire due to the explosion," the governor said, without giving the exact number of tankers destroyed.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Dausa car crash: Hema Malini injured, child killed; MP's driver booked for over speeding
- Islamic State trying to gain foothold in Pakistan-occupied Kashmir: Army
- Kapil Sharma shares pic with Salman Khan; ‘Comedy Nights...’ to go off air
- Asafa Powell fills Usain Bolt`s shoes and targets personal best
- WATCH: Roger Federer mesmerizes centre court crowd with a 'tweener lob'