EU appoints envoy to SAARC
Kathmandu: The European Union has appointed an envoy to the SAARC to strengthen the cooperation between both the regional groupings.
Alexander Spachis, currently serving as EU`s Head of Delegation to Nepal, has been appointed by the European External Action Service, the foreign policy wing of the EU, to represent it in the South Asian Association for Regional Cooperation (SAARC).
Catherine Ashton, EU foreign affairs chief, has assigned Spachis with the new responsibility through a letter addressed to SAARC Secretary General Ahmed Saleem, the EU Office in Nepal said today.
"The EU is pleased to participate in the SAARC and by assigning Ambassador Spachis as our lead representative we intend to strengthen our relationship," stated the letter.
"We look forward to continue working with you and SAARC member states with the objective to advance regional collaboration in South Asia," the letter added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Panel discussion on BJP MLAs assaulting legislator Rashid inside J&K Assembly
- Watch: How Russian special forces Spetsnaz will end terror of ISIS
- Watch: Man beheads wife; roams on streets with severed head in Pune
- Greater Noida women blames UP police for stripping off their clothes
- Vladimir Putin's attack on ISIS making America and NATO nations uneasy?
- FIR against Asaduddin Owaisi for posting objectionable picture of Yogi Adityanath on Facebook
- Man beheads wife over suspicion of illicit relationship, walks on road with her head
- Porn survey: Delhi no 1; 'animal porn' in Pune
- Radhe Maa dances at casino in London, claims video
- Why CBI is worried about Indian men’s lust for violent porn