EU appoints envoy to SAARC
Kathmandu: The European Union has appointed an envoy to the SAARC to strengthen the cooperation between both the regional groupings.
Alexander Spachis, currently serving as EU`s Head of Delegation to Nepal, has been appointed by the European External Action Service, the foreign policy wing of the EU, to represent it in the South Asian Association for Regional Cooperation (SAARC).
Catherine Ashton, EU foreign affairs chief, has assigned Spachis with the new responsibility through a letter addressed to SAARC Secretary General Ahmed Saleem, the EU Office in Nepal said today.
"The EU is pleased to participate in the SAARC and by assigning Ambassador Spachis as our lead representative we intend to strengthen our relationship," stated the letter.
"We look forward to continue working with you and SAARC member states with the objective to advance regional collaboration in South Asia," the letter added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Sonakshi Sinha silences Twitter troll for calling her ugly and it's epic!
- Furkan, not Tiger Memon, arrested in Pakistan
- Sheena Bora murder case: Peter Mukerjea's statement recorded, police search his Worli residence
- Modi effect! Pakistan-occupied Kashmir wants to be part of India
- Rafiabad encounter ends with one terrorist dead; an Army jawan also martyred