EU appoints envoy to SAARC
Kathmandu: The European Union has appointed an envoy to the SAARC to strengthen the cooperation between both the regional groupings.
Alexander Spachis, currently serving as EU`s Head of Delegation to Nepal, has been appointed by the European External Action Service, the foreign policy wing of the EU, to represent it in the South Asian Association for Regional Cooperation (SAARC).
Catherine Ashton, EU foreign affairs chief, has assigned Spachis with the new responsibility through a letter addressed to SAARC Secretary General Ahmed Saleem, the EU Office in Nepal said today.
"The EU is pleased to participate in the SAARC and by assigning Ambassador Spachis as our lead representative we intend to strengthen our relationship," stated the letter.
"We look forward to continue working with you and SAARC member states with the objective to advance regional collaboration in South Asia," the letter added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Mild earthquake jolts Rajasthan, no damage reported
- Leander Paes, Sania Mirza advance at US Open
- Yakub Memon, Afzal Guru's executions were politically motivated: Justice AP Shah
- My mother is like Indrani Mukerjea, she likes having sex with many men: Delhi school boy
- Sheena Bora case: This is how Indrani Mukerjea got idea to plot a 'perfect murder'