EU asks Bangladesh to address human rights violations
Dhaka: Bangladesh needs to address the issue of human rights violations because it is similar to violation of democracy, the European Union (EU) ambassador to the country said Sunday.
"As human rights violation means violation of the democracy, we urge the government of Bangladesh to pay more heed to the issue to ensure the rights of every communities," William Hanna was quoted as saying by the Daily Star.
The EU official was speaking at a seminar titled "Indigenous Peoples in the Plain Land: Challenges and Prospects".
Hanna urged the government to protect the rights of the indigenous people for the development of the country.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: US army's joint exercise with Indian Army and their consolation on Uri attack
- DNA: Analysis of Indus water treaty between India and Pakistan
- India to activate lazer walls on LOC to stop infiltration
- India- America joint military exercise begins in Ranikhet
- EPFO to launch new online system for pensions and PFs soon
- Donald Trump praises Hindu community's contributions to US
- Five takeaways from Sushma Swaraj's speech at UN General Assembly
- Reliance Jio impact: Vodafone offers 10 GB data at 1 GB rate
- 7 scenarios Pak will face directly if India scraps Indus Waters Treaty – Read details
- REALITY CHECK of WhatsApp message: How common man can sign petition to declare Pakistan a terror state