EU asks Bangladesh to address human rights violations
Dhaka: Bangladesh needs to address the issue of human rights violations because it is similar to violation of democracy, the European Union (EU) ambassador to the country said Sunday.
"As human rights violation means violation of the democracy, we urge the government of Bangladesh to pay more heed to the issue to ensure the rights of every communities," William Hanna was quoted as saying by the Daily Star.
The EU official was speaking at a seminar titled "Indigenous Peoples in the Plain Land: Challenges and Prospects".
Hanna urged the government to protect the rights of the indigenous people for the development of the country.
- Bipasha Basu, Karan Singh Grover set floor ablaze with killer moves at wedding reception – Watch here
- Petrol, diesel-run cabs banned from Delhi-NCR roads from today
- Wealth from waste: A novel Indian biotech solution
- IAF chopper sprinkles water to douse Uttarakhand forest fires; Rajnath Singh reviews situation
- China may reconsider stand on Pakistani terrorists Hafiz Saeed, Masood Azhar?