EU asks Bangladesh to address human rights violations
Dhaka: Bangladesh needs to address the issue of human rights violations because it is similar to violation of democracy, the European Union (EU) ambassador to the country said Sunday.
"As human rights violation means violation of the democracy, we urge the government of Bangladesh to pay more heed to the issue to ensure the rights of every communities," William Hanna was quoted as saying by the Daily Star.
The EU official was speaking at a seminar titled "Indigenous Peoples in the Plain Land: Challenges and Prospects".
Hanna urged the government to protect the rights of the indigenous people for the development of the country.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch - Huge fire breaks out at petrol pump in Kota, Rajasthan
- Bihar: Congress leader Brajesh Pandey accused of running sex racket
- BJP MP Yogi Adityanath compares Akhilesh Yadav with 'Aurangzeb' and 'Kans'
- Acrimonious remarks of political leaders during UP elections
- Have political parties diverted from development agenda in UP elections?
- Reliance Jio's tariff plan from April 1; voice calls, roaming to be free: Mukesh Ambani
- Virat Kohli thanks sprint legend Usain Bolt for congratulating him on 'record' Puma deal
- BMC exit poll: BJP predicted to score big in neck-and-neck battle with Shiv Sena
- IPL 2017 Auction: Reaction-filled Twitter erupts with emotions!
- Reliance Jio Prime Membership at Rs 99: All you need to know about the plan