EU condemns Pakistani politician`s murder
Brussels: The European Union`s top diplomat has condemned the murder of the governor of Pakistan`s Punjab province and urged Islamabad to track down and punish his killers.
"Catherine Ashton strongly condemns the brutal murder of Mr Salmaan Taseer, Governor of Pakistan`s Punjab province on 4 January at a market in Islamabad," a statement said yesterday.
"She expresses her condolences to the family of the victim and to the people of Pakistan. The European Union urges the Pakistan authorities to bring the perpetrators of this crime rapidly to justice."
Taseer was shot dead at an Islamabad market by a bodyguard who was opposed to the politician`s criticism of controversial blasphemy laws.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Missed the dance of American President Donald Trump? - Watch it here
- Pawan, a BE student develops smart dustbin -Watch
- More than 9 lakh people participated in the oath-taking ceremony of Donald Trump
- DNA: Analyzing the harmful effects of selfies
- Report of a taxi driver who lends helping hand to patients in Mumbai
- 7th Pay Commission: Central govt employees expect Committee on Allowances report in February
- Cuttack ODI: Umpire Kumar Dharmasena messes up DRS review, twitter couldn't stop trolling
- Yuvraj Singh's wife Hazel Keech suggests new middle name for hubby Yuvi following Cuttack heroics
- India vs England, 3rd ODI: MS Dhoni felicitated at Eden Gardens — VIDEOS INSIDE
- Bigots at it again! Mohammed Shami called un-Islamic for posting picture with dog