EU condemns Pakistani politician`s murder
Brussels: The European Union`s top diplomat has condemned the murder of the governor of Pakistan`s Punjab province and urged Islamabad to track down and punish his killers.
"Catherine Ashton strongly condemns the brutal murder of Mr Salmaan Taseer, Governor of Pakistan`s Punjab province on 4 January at a market in Islamabad," a statement said yesterday.
"She expresses her condolences to the family of the victim and to the people of Pakistan. The European Union urges the Pakistan authorities to bring the perpetrators of this crime rapidly to justice."
Taseer was shot dead at an Islamabad market by a bodyguard who was opposed to the politician`s criticism of controversial blasphemy laws.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Discussion over BJP's enormous victory in Maharashtra civic polls
- UP polls: Top 5 highlights of PM Modi's speech in Bahraich
- Is Samajwadi Party-Congress alliance just a compulsion for Akhilesh Yadav?
- NASA discovers seven Earth-like planets orbiting a single star
- BMC election results 2017: Shiv Sena ahead as single largest party
- Reliance Jio Vs Airtel free data plan: A comparison
- BMC election 2017 results: As it happened
- Maharashtra Civic Poll Results 2017: As it happened on Thursday
- WATCH: When Matthew Renshaw left everybody surprised by 'retiring ill' on Day 1 of India-England Test
- World's heaviest woman loses 50 kilos in just 12 days