EU condemns Pakistani politician`s murder
Brussels: The European Union`s top diplomat has condemned the murder of the governor of Pakistan`s Punjab province and urged Islamabad to track down and punish his killers.
"Catherine Ashton strongly condemns the brutal murder of Mr Salmaan Taseer, Governor of Pakistan`s Punjab province on 4 January at a market in Islamabad," a statement said yesterday.
"She expresses her condolences to the family of the victim and to the people of Pakistan. The European Union urges the Pakistan authorities to bring the perpetrators of this crime rapidly to justice."
Taseer was shot dead at an Islamabad market by a bodyguard who was opposed to the politician`s criticism of controversial blasphemy laws.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indrani 'slow-poisoned' Sheena, wanted to portray Mikhail as 'mentally unstable'?
- People have no faith left in Modi government: Sonia Gandhi at Swabhiman rally
- Lashkar-e-Toiba plotting 26/11-style attack in India with the help of Pak Navy, ISI?
- Radhe Maa approached to be a part of Bigg Boss 9?
- Swabhiman rally: About Bihar's development or Narendra Modi?
- Satire website publishes article on Osama bin Laden being alive and quotes Edward Snowden
- Indrani's former brother-in-law claims Sheena was Siddharth Das' daughter
- Sheena Bora murder case: 'Indrani Mukerjea's father thrashed her with belt'
- Sheena murder: Suitcase seized from Indrani, Peter's residence meant for disposing Mikhail's body?
- Amitabh Bachchan's Twitter account hacked, sex sites planted as 'following'