EU condemns Pakistani politician`s murder
Brussels: The European Union`s top diplomat has condemned the murder of the governor of Pakistan`s Punjab province and urged Islamabad to track down and punish his killers.
"Catherine Ashton strongly condemns the brutal murder of Mr Salmaan Taseer, Governor of Pakistan`s Punjab province on 4 January at a market in Islamabad," a statement said yesterday.
"She expresses her condolences to the family of the victim and to the people of Pakistan. The European Union urges the Pakistan authorities to bring the perpetrators of this crime rapidly to justice."
Taseer was shot dead at an Islamabad market by a bodyguard who was opposed to the politician`s criticism of controversial blasphemy laws.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Exclusive interview with APJ Abdul Kalam’s aide Srijan Pal Singh
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: How do you cope up with ever changing environment in life?
- Russian aircraft Mi-28 crashes during an aerobatics show
- Shravan month begins, devotees throng Shiva temples
- MCA lifts ban on Shah Rukh Khan from visting Wankhede staduim
- Here's what Islamic State captors told Indian teachers
- 2nd T20: Shahid Afridi, Anwar Ali help Pakistan win thriller against Sri Lanka
- Pakistan releases 163 Indian fishermen as goodwill gesture
- Two Indians freed from ISIS captivity in Libya to head home, fate of other two unknown
- Drishyam earns Rs 17 cr in 2 days, Bajrangi clocks Rs 283 cr