EU condemns Pakistani politician`s murder
Brussels: The European Union`s top diplomat has condemned the murder of the governor of Pakistan`s Punjab province and urged Islamabad to track down and punish his killers.
"Catherine Ashton strongly condemns the brutal murder of Mr Salmaan Taseer, Governor of Pakistan`s Punjab province on 4 January at a market in Islamabad," a statement said yesterday.
"She expresses her condolences to the family of the victim and to the people of Pakistan. The European Union urges the Pakistan authorities to bring the perpetrators of this crime rapidly to justice."
Taseer was shot dead at an Islamabad market by a bodyguard who was opposed to the politician`s criticism of controversial blasphemy laws.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Sachin Tendulkar joins Narendra Modi's #SelfieWithDaughter campaign
- BJP MP Hema Malini injured, one child killed in Dausa road accident
- Parliamentary panel recommends 100% salary hike for MPs, health benefits for grandchildren
- Madrasas that do not teach primary subjects to be considered 'non-schools', says Maharashtra govt
- Congress 'weak' to stop Modi; Rahul 'out of touch' with reality: Hansraj Bhardwaj