EU lawmaker expelled after calling another fascist
Strasbourg: A British legislator
at the European Parliament has been expelled from the plenary
session after he called a German legislator an "undemocratic
Godfrey Bloom of the UK Independence Party was
expelled from the today session during a debate on the Irish
Bloom made the remark after German legislator Martin
Schulz criticised Britain during the debate.
The major parliamentary groups said in a joint
statement they "can never accept that members of the European
Parliament insult their colleagues in a way that recalls the
worst hours of our history."
UKIP leader Nigel Farage acknowledged Bloom "may have
been rash and inflammatory," but insisted his group fully
backed his views on EU involvement in national affairs.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Will Shiv Sena join hands with Congress to stop BJP from entering BMC?
- Watch: PM Narendra Modi addressing rally in Imphal
- Coimbatore: PM Narendra Modi unveils 112-foot tall bust of Lord Shiva
- Panel discussion on Farooq Abdullah's remark on terrorists
- DNA: Why depression cases are increasing rapidly in India?
- WATCH: Kieron Pollard's epic celebration after destroying Lahore Qalandars in Dubai
- Indian doctor rescued from ISIS recounts horror, says 'they forced me to watch videos, shot me thrice'
- Mitchell Johnson takes a dig at Anil Kumble over calling Steve O'Keefe 'steady'
- India vs Australia, 1st Test, Day 3: As it happened...
- Pune Test: Virender Sehwag could have saved India from embarrassment, says former Aussie stars