EU lawmaker expelled after calling another fascist
Strasbourg: A British legislator
at the European Parliament has been expelled from the plenary
session after he called a German legislator an "undemocratic
Godfrey Bloom of the UK Independence Party was
expelled from the today session during a debate on the Irish
Bloom made the remark after German legislator Martin
Schulz criticised Britain during the debate.
The major parliamentary groups said in a joint
statement they "can never accept that members of the European
Parliament insult their colleagues in a way that recalls the
worst hours of our history."
UKIP leader Nigel Farage acknowledged Bloom "may have
been rash and inflammatory," but insisted his group fully
backed his views on EU involvement in national affairs.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Is Zakir Naik's foundation converted many to Islam for monetary benefits?
- Is Zakir Naik's foundation converted many to Islam for monetary benefits?- Part II
- Why Pakistan commits heinous crime in Balochistan and POK?
- Why Pakistan commits heinous crime in Balochistan and POK?- Part II
- Why Pakistan commits heinous crime in Balochistan and POK?- Part III
- No plan for women in army combat role, Manohar Parrikar tells Rajya Sabha
- Dues over Rs 800 cr pending against Hotels in NDMC areas
- Emirates plane with more than 300 on board makes emergency landing in Mumbai
- BJP rejects Nitish's claims of slide in crime after prohibition
- Gionee unveils flagship M6, M6 Plus smartphones