EU lawmaker expelled after calling another fascist
Strasbourg: A British legislator
at the European Parliament has been expelled from the plenary
session after he called a German legislator an "undemocratic
Godfrey Bloom of the UK Independence Party was
expelled from the today session during a debate on the Irish
Bloom made the remark after German legislator Martin
Schulz criticised Britain during the debate.
The major parliamentary groups said in a joint
statement they "can never accept that members of the European
Parliament insult their colleagues in a way that recalls the
worst hours of our history."
UKIP leader Nigel Farage acknowledged Bloom "may have
been rash and inflammatory," but insisted his group fully
backed his views on EU involvement in national affairs.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Why did you choose Smriti Irani as HRD minister? Congress leader asks PM Narendra Modi
- Watch video: The epic battle between 'Machli' tigress and a 14-foot-long crocodile!
- India, Bangladesh swap border enclaves, settle historic dispute; people rejoice
- 'Remembering Dr APJ Abdul Kalam' - President Pranab Mukherjee's photo tribute on Twitter
- Home Ministry holds high-level meet over ISIS