European observers reach Pakistan for elections
Islamabad: A group of European officials have arrived in Pakistan to observe the May 11 parliamentary elections, the foreign ministry said Thursday.
Ministry spokesman Aizaz Ahmad Chaudhary said an advance team of EU observer mission was already in Pakistan.
The European Union`s Islamabad office said the team will include up to 110 members, including a core team of 11 experts.
On the basis of special agreements with the EU, observers from Norway, Switzerland and Canada are part of the EU Election Observation Mission.
Chaudhry said requests from the European Union and National Democratic Institute (NDI) of the US have been received for monitoring elections.
He said NDI wants to send 57 observers for the purpose and that Pakistan will facilitate foreign observers for the elections.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Admissions 2015: Know India's best ranking Universities
- Yasin Bhatkal calls wife from Hyderabad jail, talks of 'help from Damascus'
- Zee Media Exclusive interview with UPSC topper Ira Singhal's family
- UPSC announces Civil Services Examination 2014 results
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: Is Corporate Social Responsibility nothing but a marketing gimmick?
- UPSC announces Civil Services Examination 2014 results; women bag top four positions
- Five guerrillas, one soldier killed near LoC
- 3rd Test, Day 2: Sri Lanka rattle Pakistan in decider
- Indian Mujahideen chief Yasin Bhatkal indicates Islamic State will help him get out of jail soon
- Missing UK schoolgirls seen carrying Kalashnikov rifle in ISIS's Raqqa?