European observers reach Pakistan for elections
Islamabad: A group of European officials have arrived in Pakistan to observe the May 11 parliamentary elections, the foreign ministry said Thursday.
Ministry spokesman Aizaz Ahmad Chaudhary said an advance team of EU observer mission was already in Pakistan.
The European Union`s Islamabad office said the team will include up to 110 members, including a core team of 11 experts.
On the basis of special agreements with the EU, observers from Norway, Switzerland and Canada are part of the EU Election Observation Mission.
Chaudhry said requests from the European Union and National Democratic Institute (NDI) of the US have been received for monitoring elections.
He said NDI wants to send 57 observers for the purpose and that Pakistan will facilitate foreign observers for the elections.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Exiled Kashmiri Pandits share their heart wrenching stories
- Basic ideals of Constitution are in danger: Sonia Gandhi
- PM Modi greets nation on occasion of first Constitution Day
- Manjula Vaghela's journey: From rag picker to head of a firm with Rs 1 cr turnover!
- Indian Army faces shortage of field firing ranges in J&K
- Woman commits suicide after heated discussion with husband over Aamir Khan's intolerance remark
- Setback to Kejriwal-led AAP as MLA Akhilesh Tripathi arrested in riot case
- 10 interesting facts about Constitution which every Indian must know
- See pic: Genelia marks son's birthday!
- Bigg Boss, Day 46: Priya Malik urinates inside the car!