European observers reach Pakistan for elections
Islamabad: A group of European officials have arrived in Pakistan to observe the May 11 parliamentary elections, the foreign ministry said Thursday.
Ministry spokesman Aizaz Ahmad Chaudhary said an advance team of EU observer mission was already in Pakistan.
The European Union`s Islamabad office said the team will include up to 110 members, including a core team of 11 experts.
On the basis of special agreements with the EU, observers from Norway, Switzerland and Canada are part of the EU Election Observation Mission.
Chaudhry said requests from the European Union and National Democratic Institute (NDI) of the US have been received for monitoring elections.
He said NDI wants to send 57 observers for the purpose and that Pakistan will facilitate foreign observers for the elections.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch - Huge fire breaks out at petrol pump in Kota, Rajasthan
- NSG now 'nine times' stronger; receives technological strength from 12 countries!
- Bihar: Congress leader Brajesh Pandey accused of running sex racket
- Panel discussion over why SP government is backing Gayatri Prajapati
- Why is religion being made the basis of election campaigns in UP?
- 7th Pay Commission: Allowances committee raises HRA to 30%?
- Virat Kohli thanks sprint legend Usain Bolt for congratulating him on 'record' Puma deal
- Virat Kohli becomes first Indian sportsperson to sign Rs 100-crore endorsement deal
- IPL 2017 Auction: Reaction-filled Twitter erupts with emotions!
- Sony Xperia X gets a price cut of whopping Rs 14,000