European observers reach Pakistan for elections
Islamabad: A group of European officials have arrived in Pakistan to observe the May 11 parliamentary elections, the foreign ministry said Thursday.
Ministry spokesman Aizaz Ahmad Chaudhary said an advance team of EU observer mission was already in Pakistan.
The European Union`s Islamabad office said the team will include up to 110 members, including a core team of 11 experts.
On the basis of special agreements with the EU, observers from Norway, Switzerland and Canada are part of the EU Election Observation Mission.
Chaudhry said requests from the European Union and National Democratic Institute (NDI) of the US have been received for monitoring elections.
He said NDI wants to send 57 observers for the purpose and that Pakistan will facilitate foreign observers for the elections.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Pakistan's brutality exposed; `Black Day` protesters thrashed in PoK - Video goes viral
- Pakistan High Commission staffer, briefly detained for espionage, asked to leave India in 48 hours
- National Geographic's famed ''Afghan Girl'' arrested in Pakistan for forgery
- Pakistan declares Indian High Commission official persona non grata, asks him to leave country
- Hrithik Roshan, Yami Gautam's 'Kaabil' trailer shocks Rakesh Roshan