Ex-ISI official challenges Zardari’s eligibility in SC
Lahore: A former Inter-Services Intelligence (ISI) official, Khalid Khawaja, has filed a petition in the Pakistan Supreme Court challenging Asif Ali Zardari’s eligibility to be President.
Khawaja has challenged Zardari’s eligibility under Article 248 of the Constitution.
The ex-ISI official, in his petition, has said that he was kidnapped during former president General Pervez Musharraf’s regime and that he was a direct victim of the Article 248.
It may be noted that the apex court had rejected Khawaja’s petition earlier citing some technical faults following which he has resubmitted his plea.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Letter to Arvind Kejriwal - `Don't embarrass India again, buy yourself a pair of shoes`
- When a professor sexually abused a girl in classroom; watch other students' reaction
- Indian woman rescued from German refugee camp returns home, thanks government
- Signs that prove Lord Hanuman is still alive
- Will wipe out BJP and Congress from the country: Akbaruddin Owaisi