Ex-ISI official challenges Zardari’s eligibility in SC
Lahore: A former Inter-Services Intelligence (ISI) official, Khalid Khawaja, has filed a petition in the Pakistan Supreme Court challenging Asif Ali Zardari’s eligibility to be President.
Khawaja has challenged Zardari’s eligibility under Article 248 of the Constitution.
The ex-ISI official, in his petition, has said that he was kidnapped during former president General Pervez Musharraf’s regime and that he was a direct victim of the Article 248.
It may be noted that the apex court had rejected Khawaja’s petition earlier citing some technical faults following which he has resubmitted his plea.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Highlights - India vs England 2nd ODI in Cuttack
- Donald Trump to be sworn in as 45th US President today
- DNA: Manish Sisodia faces CBI probe over alleged irregularities in 'Talk To AK' programme
- Exclusive: Srinagar freezes at minus 3; common man struggles for basic commodities
- Etah: School bus collides with truck, several children killed
- WATCH: MS Dhoni asks Jasprit Bumrah to go easy after he hurriedly ran out England skipper Eoin Morgan
- WATCH: How MS Dhoni saved Yuvraj Singh's wicket with another successful DRS review
- IND vs ENG, 2nd ODI: Yuvraj Singh silences critics with 14th ODI hundred, fourth against England — WATCH
- India vs England: After Virender Sehwag, Sachin Tendulkar gives Piers Morgan cricketing gyan
- Donald Trump's Inauguration Day: As it happened