Ex-king Gyanendra off to Bangkok to see ailing son Paras
Kathmandu: Nepal`s former King Gyanendra Shah and queen Komal Wednesday left for Bangkok to see their ailing son ex-crown prince Paras, who is lying in coma following a major heart attack last week.
The ex-royal couple along with their grandchildren Purnika, Kritika and Hridayendra, left for Bangkok where Paras has been admitted in the Samitivej Hospital.
42-year-old flamboyant ex-prince was admitted to the hospital on February 20.
"We should believe in god and have faith on the skills of the doctors involved in the treatment," Shah told reporters at Tribhuvan International Airport.
With no significant change in his medical condition, Paras has been kept on the ventilator life support since he blacked out.
The hospital yesterday said that no significant changes were observed in Shah?s medical condition and he is still in a very critical state.
Nepal Army`s Dr Kishore Rana is also accompanying the royalty, the Himalayan Times newspaper reported.
After consulting the doctors, the royal family will decide whether to shift Paras from the hospital to other facility or bring foreign doctors to assist in the treatment, newspaper reported.
Paras`s wife Himani, sister Prerana and other relatives are already in Bangkok with Paras.
Paras was earlier admitted to the Norvic International Hospital in Kathmandu in September 2007 after he suffered a mild heart attack.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- IAF Mirage fighter plane lands on Yamuna Expressway!
- 'Maggi' under regulatory scanner for excess amount of lead, MSG
- Watch: Michelle Obama's 'Gimme Five' fitness video
- When Subramanian Swamy shocked people at a wedding!
- Mumbaikars join hands to save Pakistani teen with rare illness
- Mumbai: Diamond export company denies job to Muslim youth
- PM Modi speaks at Golden Jubilee celebrations of poet Dinkar’s works
- Aapke Sitare: Astro prediction for May 21, 2015
- Mirage 2000 fighter jet landing was part of capability demonstration: IAF
- DNA: IAF Mirage 2000 fighter plane lands successfully on Yamuna expressway
- Vadodara: Policemen seen dancing with bar girls
- Coal scam: Naveen Jindal, Madhu Koda and others get bail
- DNA: Osama documents show 'Indian brother in Madinah' financed al Qaeda
- One year of Modi govt: Arun Jaitley addresses press conference
- ISIS executes Syrian fighter using anti-tank rocket launcher
- CBSE Class 10 Results 2015 to be announced today?
- IAF jet lands on Yamuna expressway
- Check Jharkhand Board jac.nic.in: Class 12th Art Results 2015 declared
- Fawad Khan doesn’t want intimate scenes with Sonam Kapoor?
- Log on to apeamcet.org AP EAMCET Results 2015: Andhra Pradesh EAMCET Marks and AP EAMCET Ranks 2015 declared
- We hire only non-Muslim candidates, diamond export firm tells Muslim youth
- Is MSG in 'Maggi' noodles harmful for you?
- Mumbai firm booked for denying Muslim MBA graduate job on religious grounds, probe ordered
- Jayalalithaa makes public appearance, meets Governor: As it happened
- New IPL rules could see Chennai Super Kings lose MS Dhoni
- `Piku` hits jackpot, does Rs 100 crore business worldwide
- Anurag Kashyap to bid goodbye to India, settle in 'cinema-friendly' France!
- IPL 2015, Qualifier 2, Chennai Super Kings vs Royal Challengers Bangalore: Preview
- Geelani's passport application incomplete, cannot be processed: MEA
- Tamil Nadu SSLC Results 2015 on tnresults.nic.in