Ex-king Gyanendra off to Bangkok to see ailing son Paras
Kathmandu: Nepal`s former King Gyanendra Shah and queen Komal Wednesday left for Bangkok to see their ailing son ex-crown prince Paras, who is lying in coma following a major heart attack last week.
The ex-royal couple along with their grandchildren Purnika, Kritika and Hridayendra, left for Bangkok where Paras has been admitted in the Samitivej Hospital.
42-year-old flamboyant ex-prince was admitted to the hospital on February 20.
"We should believe in god and have faith on the skills of the doctors involved in the treatment," Shah told reporters at Tribhuvan International Airport.
With no significant change in his medical condition, Paras has been kept on the ventilator life support since he blacked out.
The hospital yesterday said that no significant changes were observed in Shah?s medical condition and he is still in a very critical state.
Nepal Army`s Dr Kishore Rana is also accompanying the royalty, the Himalayan Times newspaper reported.
After consulting the doctors, the royal family will decide whether to shift Paras from the hospital to other facility or bring foreign doctors to assist in the treatment, newspaper reported.
Paras`s wife Himani, sister Prerana and other relatives are already in Bangkok with Paras.
Paras was earlier admitted to the Norvic International Hospital in Kathmandu in September 2007 after he suffered a mild heart attack.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- What Muslims think about Ram Mandir issue?
- Shiv Sena MP Ravindra Gaikwad barred from flying after his assault on AI staffer
- Martyrs' Day: Nation remembers Bhagat Singh, Sukhdev and Rajguru for their sacrifice
- London terrorist attack leaves five dead, including police officer
- Do not put unnecessary pressure on police: PM Modi tells UP BJP MPs
- Hukumdev Narain Yadav to be new Vice-President of India?
- 400 Trinamool Congress members including many TMC stalwarts join BJP in Tripura
- Mulayam Singh Yadav's son Prateek, his daughter-in-law Aparna meet UP CM Yogi Adityanath - Know why
- Yogi Adityanath took THESE 20 big actions in just 75 hours after becoming UP CM
- Should there be strict laws against cow slaughter? Uttar Pradesh CM Yogi Adityanath seeks public opinion