Ex-king Gyanendra off to Bangkok to see ailing son Paras
Kathmandu: Nepal`s former King Gyanendra Shah and queen Komal Wednesday left for Bangkok to see their ailing son ex-crown prince Paras, who is lying in coma following a major heart attack last week.
The ex-royal couple along with their grandchildren Purnika, Kritika and Hridayendra, left for Bangkok where Paras has been admitted in the Samitivej Hospital.
42-year-old flamboyant ex-prince was admitted to the hospital on February 20.
"We should believe in god and have faith on the skills of the doctors involved in the treatment," Shah told reporters at Tribhuvan International Airport.
With no significant change in his medical condition, Paras has been kept on the ventilator life support since he blacked out.
The hospital yesterday said that no significant changes were observed in Shah?s medical condition and he is still in a very critical state.
Nepal Army`s Dr Kishore Rana is also accompanying the royalty, the Himalayan Times newspaper reported.
After consulting the doctors, the royal family will decide whether to shift Paras from the hospital to other facility or bring foreign doctors to assist in the treatment, newspaper reported.
Paras`s wife Himani, sister Prerana and other relatives are already in Bangkok with Paras.
Paras was earlier admitted to the Norvic International Hospital in Kathmandu in September 2007 after he suffered a mild heart attack.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Panel discussion on BJP MLAs assaulting legislator Rashid inside J&K Assembly
- Watch: How Russian special forces Spetsnaz will end terror of ISIS
- Watch: Man beheads wife; roams on streets with severed head in Pune
- Greater Noida women blames UP police for stripping off their clothes
- Vladimir Putin's attack on ISIS making America and NATO nations uneasy?
- FIR against Asaduddin Owaisi for posting objectionable picture of Yogi Adityanath on Facebook
- Man beheads wife over suspicion of illicit relationship, walks on road with her head
- Radhe Maa dances at casino in London, claims video
- Why CBI is worried about Indian men’s lust for violent porn
- Lalu Prasad Yadav challenges Narendra Modi over 'shaitan' comment, demands PM's apology