Ex-legislator among five killed in Pak
Peshawar: A former legislator and four
others were killed on Thursday by unidentified gunmen in the restive
Khyber-Paktoonkhwa province in northwest Pakistan, officials
The gunmen, who were in a pick-up truck, ambushed the
vehicle of former lawmaker Alamzeb Umerzai in Charsadda
district, 30 km from Peshawar, this morning.
Umerzai, a leader of the Pakistan People`s
Party-Sherpao, was killed instantly while the four others
succumbed to their injuries in a nearby hospital.
The former lawmaker was elected to the provincial
assembly in the 2002 polls.
Umerzai, who survived two attempts on his life in the
past, was engaged in a rivalry with Bashir Umarzai of the
Awami National Party.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- PM Modi slams Pakistan govt during his speech in Kozhikode
- Panel discussion over PM Modi's willingness to engage in direct dialogue with Pak
- Should Pakistani artists be restricted from working in India?
- PM Modi calls meeting to review Indus Waters Treaty today
- Panel discussion over PM Modi's willingness to engage in direct dialogue with Pak - Part II
- SHOCKING VIDEO: This man was trying to take selfie with python - You won't believe what happened next!
- Donald Trump praises Hindu community's contributions to US
- WATCH: Ravichandran Ashwin's magic ball that bamboozled Kane Williamson on Day 3
- Uri effect? India, Afghanistan bypass Pak to set up exclusive air corridor
- Govt calls meet on Indus Water Treaty; Water Resources Ministry, MEA to brief PM Modi