Ex-legislator among five killed in Pak
Peshawar: A former legislator and four
others were killed on Thursday by unidentified gunmen in the restive
Khyber-Paktoonkhwa province in northwest Pakistan, officials
The gunmen, who were in a pick-up truck, ambushed the
vehicle of former lawmaker Alamzeb Umerzai in Charsadda
district, 30 km from Peshawar, this morning.
Umerzai, a leader of the Pakistan People`s
Party-Sherpao, was killed instantly while the four others
succumbed to their injuries in a nearby hospital.
The former lawmaker was elected to the provincial
assembly in the 2002 polls.
Umerzai, who survived two attempts on his life in the
past, was engaged in a rivalry with Bashir Umarzai of the
Awami National Party.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch - IIT-Kharagpur develops superpower drone 'BHIM' that could aid soldiers in war zones
- Anti-Romeo squad launched: Has moral policing started in UP?
- Jharkhand: Congress leader, 3 others killed in shootout in Dhanbad
- CM Yogi’s cleanliness drive: UP cops clean up police stations
- Do not put unnecessary pressure on police: PM Modi tells UP BJP MPs
- 400 Trinamool Congress members including many TMC stalwarts join BJP in Tripura
- Hukumdev Narain Yadav to be new Vice-President of India?
- Bhagat Singh, Sukhdev, Rajguru were hanged on 23 March 1931 – This is how PM Modi paid tribute today
- Kapil Sharma fight on flight row: Did Sunil Grover, Ali Asgar and Chandan Prabhakar skip shoot?
- Mohammad Kaif welcomes Yogi Adityanath's appointment as new Uttar Pradesh chief minister