Ex-legislator among five killed in Pak
Peshawar: A former legislator and four
others were killed on Thursday by unidentified gunmen in the restive
Khyber-Paktoonkhwa province in northwest Pakistan, officials
The gunmen, who were in a pick-up truck, ambushed the
vehicle of former lawmaker Alamzeb Umerzai in Charsadda
district, 30 km from Peshawar, this morning.
Umerzai, a leader of the Pakistan People`s
Party-Sherpao, was killed instantly while the four others
succumbed to their injuries in a nearby hospital.
The former lawmaker was elected to the provincial
assembly in the 2002 polls.
Umerzai, who survived two attempts on his life in the
past, was engaged in a rivalry with Bashir Umarzai of the
Awami National Party.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- 6 leaders were in contact with Dawood Ibrahim till 26/11: Report
- Rameswaram waits to give final salute to Dr Abdul Kalam
- DNA analysis of Yakub Memon's final moments in Nagpur Jail
- SC order on Yakub Memon huge disappointment, setback: Owaisi
- Last rites of Gurdaspur attack martyr Baljit Singh in Kapurthala
- APJ Abdul Kalam's funeral to be held in Rameswaram; PM Modi to attend
- Yakub Memon hanged in Nagpur jail: As it happened
- Has President Pranab Mukherjee rejected Yakub Memon's mercy plea?
- SC refuses stay on Yakub Memon's hanging: As it happened
- 2 NDA, 4 UPA leaders were in contact with Dawood Ibrahim before 26/11: Report