Ex-legislator among five killed in Pak
Peshawar: A former legislator and four
others were killed on Thursday by unidentified gunmen in the restive
Khyber-Paktoonkhwa province in northwest Pakistan, officials
The gunmen, who were in a pick-up truck, ambushed the
vehicle of former lawmaker Alamzeb Umerzai in Charsadda
district, 30 km from Peshawar, this morning.
Umerzai, a leader of the Pakistan People`s
Party-Sherpao, was killed instantly while the four others
succumbed to their injuries in a nearby hospital.
The former lawmaker was elected to the provincial
assembly in the 2002 polls.
Umerzai, who survived two attempts on his life in the
past, was engaged in a rivalry with Bashir Umarzai of the
Awami National Party.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Video: India won't tolerate disrespect to national anthem – this Mumbai family learnt it the hard way
- Watch: Boy dies after falling from a Mumbai local train – video maker is guilty too!
- Had Sardar Patel become PM, India would have been another Pakistan, says Kancha Ilaiah
- Watch: ISIS terrorist blown into pieces while bragging about his previous victory
- Shocking! World Cup winning cricketer forced to sell 'kachoris' to make a living