Ex-Maldivian leader Nasheed leaves for Sri Lanka
Male: Ousted Maldivian president Mohammed Nasheed on Thursday left for Sri Lanka along with some of his senior party leaders.
Nasheed, who flew to the neighbouring country in a Sri Lankan Airways flight, was accompanied by some of his former cabinet ministers and senior leaders of his Maldivian Democratic Party.
Nasheed is scheduled to meet the High Commissioners and Ambassadors accredited to Maldives who have their offices in Colombo and other officials from international organisations based there.
Incidentally, Nasheed`s wife and children had moved to Sri Lanka soon after political crisis gripped Maldives following his resignation on February 07.
Nasheed has claimed that there was a coup, a charged denied by the current regime.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Analysis on actions taken against students protesting at JNU
- DNA: Analysis on actions taken against students protesting at JNU - Part II
- Watch: How students at JNU showcased anti-India spirit! - Part II
- DNA: Gravitational waves detected, proving Einstein right!
- Watch: Panel discussion on students turning traitors at JNU - Part IV
- Ex-Army officers threaten to return JNU degrees against 'anti-national' activities in campus
- Delhi Police issues alert over alleged Hafiz Saeed's tweet backing 'pro-Pak' JNU protesters
- Really? Is this why Deepika Padukone not open about her alleged relationship with Ranveer Singh?
- Congress leader from Gujarat conspired to implicate Narendra Modi in Ishrat Jahan case: Ex-IB officer
- JNU row: Congress VP meets protesting students; ABVP raises black flags, shout "Rahul Gandhi Go Back"