Ex-Maldivian leader Nasheed leaves for Sri Lanka
Male: Ousted Maldivian president Mohammed Nasheed on Thursday left for Sri Lanka along with some of his senior party leaders.
Nasheed, who flew to the neighbouring country in a Sri Lankan Airways flight, was accompanied by some of his former cabinet ministers and senior leaders of his Maldivian Democratic Party.
Nasheed is scheduled to meet the High Commissioners and Ambassadors accredited to Maldives who have their offices in Colombo and other officials from international organisations based there.
Incidentally, Nasheed`s wife and children had moved to Sri Lanka soon after political crisis gripped Maldives following his resignation on February 07.
Nasheed has claimed that there was a coup, a charged denied by the current regime.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Coimbatore: PM Narendra Modi unveils 112-foot tall bust of Lord Shiva
- Panel discussion on Farooq Abdullah's remark on terrorists
- Watch: PM Narendra Modi addressing rally in Imphal
- Zee Media Exclusive: In conversation with BJP President Amit Shah
- Will Shiv Sena join hands with Congress to stop BJP from entering BMC?
- WATCH: Kieron Pollard's epic celebration after destroying Lahore Qalandars in Dubai
- Mitchell Johnson takes a dig at Anil Kumble over calling Steve O'Keefe 'steady'
- India vs Australia, 1st Test, Day 3: As it happened...
- Indian doctor rescued from ISIS recounts horror, says 'they forced me to watch videos, shot me thrice'
- BMC poll results: Shiv Sena approaches Congress for pact, party says 'not interested'