Ex-Pakistan envoy Husain Haqqani receiving threats
Islamabad: Former Pakistan ambassador to the US, Husain Haqqani, told the Supreme Court (SC) that he was under threats from different quarters and requested the Commission to record his testimony through video conference from Washington.
Haqqani told the SC through written application that his life is in danger and unless the Commission does not come up with a final report, he will continue to be perceived as a traitor, reported The Nation.
Haqqani said a short leave from his job is possible, but he is worried about the threats and campaigns against him in Pakistan, and the possibility of being placed on ECL (Exit Control List).
Haqqani was restricted by the SC to leave Pakistan, but was allowed to leave the country on an undertaking contained in the order of the SC on January 31, 2012.
He further said that convenience lies in recording the evidence through video conference as he is keen to put a closure to the inquiry of the memo case.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch: Yogi Adityanath's first speech as Uttar Pradesh CM in Gorakhpur
- Fateh Ka Fatwa: Is it time to introduce reforms in Muslim laws?
- BJP MLA Vikram Saini accused of voicing controversial statement
- Watch: Yogi Adityanath's speech at Gorakhnath temple
- DNA: Analysing the 'no first use' nuclear policy of India
- Is this for real: Ajinkya Rahane bizarre shot went for six, concerned Virat Kohli settles with smile — WATCH
- WATCH: Tom Latham takes IMPOSSIBLE catch to dismiss Faf du Plessis
- Sunil Grover to return as Dr Mashoor Gulati!
- Those ready to work 20 hours daily are welcome, rest can leave - UP CM Yogi Adityanath's message to govt officials
- India vs Australia: Ravindra Jadeja clobbers Steve O'Keefe, Nathan Lyon for sixes — VIDEO