Ex-Pakistan envoy Husain Haqqani receiving threats
Islamabad: Former Pakistan ambassador to the US, Husain Haqqani, told the Supreme Court (SC) that he was under threats from different quarters and requested the Commission to record his testimony through video conference from Washington.
Haqqani told the SC through written application that his life is in danger and unless the Commission does not come up with a final report, he will continue to be perceived as a traitor, reported The Nation.
Haqqani said a short leave from his job is possible, but he is worried about the threats and campaigns against him in Pakistan, and the possibility of being placed on ECL (Exit Control List).
Haqqani was restricted by the SC to leave Pakistan, but was allowed to leave the country on an undertaking contained in the order of the SC on January 31, 2012.
He further said that convenience lies in recording the evidence through video conference as he is keen to put a closure to the inquiry of the memo case.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indian Army conducts surgical strikes across LoC: Watch DGMO Lt Gen Ranbir Singh's PC
- Indian Army targets terror camps across LoC; Pak PM Sharif condemns
- Pak forces will teach Zee News what real surgical strike is: Hafiz Saeed
- 7 terror camps destroyed by Indian Army in surgical strikes
- DNA: Indian Army carries out surgical strikes across LoC
- Hafiz Saeed threatens Zee News, says Pak forces will teach what real surgical strikes are
- What is surgical strike and how it is conducted - MUST KNOW for every Indian
- Pak postpones SAARC Summit after five member states pull out of conference: As it happened
- SALUTE! Brave Indian army commandos give befitting reply to Pak-sponsored terrorists
- Surgical strikes across LoC in Pakistan were filmed, videos kept as proof