Ex-Pakistan minister continues to use govt cars
Islamabad: Former Pakistan housing minister Faisal Saleh Hayat reportedly continues to use 12 of the 18 government vehicles which were in his personal use when he was a minister.
According to sources, Hayat had returned six cars, which were being used by his staff, but is still using the rest, reports The Express Tribune.
The Housing and Works Ministry had sent a notice to Hayat to return the cars, but to no effect.
Last month, the accountability body of the Parliament had constituted a committee in typical bureaucratic form to review the policy regarding monetisation of benefits given to officials for maintaining government cars.
Hayat lost his ministry when former prime minister Yousuf Raza Gilani was disqualified from his post, and refused to be a part of the new cabinet when Raja Pervez Ashraf took oath as the new prime minister.
He refused to take any ministry, as he had been a major critic of the rental power plants (RPPs), a case in which Ashraf was one of the major accused.
Hayat had requested the Supreme Court to probe corruption in RPPs, implicating Ashraf. He also alleged that a major chunk of kickbacks in RPPs went to President Asif Ali Zardari.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: How to develop good communication skills for a successful life?
- Curfew lifted from 4 districts of Kashmir valley
- Recently launched Pokemon Go gaining extreme popularity among users
- Rajnath Singh meets J&K CM Mehbooba Mufti to discuss current situation in valley
- AAP MLA Amantulla Khan arrested for misbehaving with a woman
- WhatsApp chat between Hrithik Roshan and his mother will give you fitness goals! View inside
- Producer's Guild hold emergency meet after 'Dishoom' leak threat
- WATCH: HISTORIC! Neeraj Chopra sets U-20 Javelin record, becomes first Indian world champion in athletics
- REVEALED: Why Hindu families in Aligarh want to sell their houses, leave area
- We’re not broken, just bent and we can learn to love again!