Expedite Chinese power projects: Pakistan Prez
Islamabad: Pakistan’s President Asif Ali Zardari has called for expediting the projects of electricity generation being undertaken in cooperation with China`s Three Gorges Corporation, which operates the world`s largest hydropower project.
Talking to a Chinese delegation here on Wednesday, Zardari appreciated Chinese assistance to the country, especially in the power sector, reported Associated Press of Pakistan.
Farhatullah Babar, a spokesperson to the President, said the projects being undertaken with the assistance of Three Gorges Corporation of China would add into the system around 2,500 MW of electricity.
He said of this approximately 1,950 MW would be hydro electricity and the rest would be generated through wind and solar power.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Why are schools insensitive over complexities of poor families?
- Why are schools insensitive over complexities of poor families? - Part II
- DNA: Who are the sponsors and co-sponsors of terrorism in India?
- DNA: Who are the sponsors and co-sponsors of terrorism in India? Part-II
- DNA: Analyzing the mystery of missing IAF aircraft AN-32
- Clinton accepts Democratic White House nomination in defining speech
- AMAZING WEIGHT LOSS TIP! Is this the fastest way to lose fat overnight?- Watch
- Not everything they taught you in science was true - 10 myths debunked in this 3-min VIDEO!
- Home Minister level talks: India, Bangladesh resolve to fight terrorism together
- Ukraine at UN says Putin's Crimea decree 'null and void'