Explosion in Pak police station injures 14
Islamabad: At least 14 people, including
some policemen, were injured in an explosion that rocked a
police sation in the northwestern Pakistani city of Peshawar,
media reports said.
The explosion might have caused by gas in the bathroom
gutters or electric short circuit, a senior officer Liaquat
Ali Khan said. Preliminary reports had suggested the blast
took place at the arms depot of the police station at Gulbahar
locality of the city.
Khan said experts are of the view that the blast was not
caused by ammunition as there had been no explosive inside the
police station and added no one can throw explosives from
outside as its rooms are sealed.
However, local media said there is possibility that
someone had thrown grenades inside the police station.
Dawn TV reported the police control room inside the
building stopped functioning after the blast.
Witnesses said fire erupted in the upper portion of
the two-storey building and later small blasts were heard.
Police and private rescue teams arrived at the scene
and transfered the injured to local hospitals.
Fire fighters were also called out to extinguish the
TV footage showed thick smoke coming out of the
A large number of armed policemen closed the main gate
of the police station and kept the journalists and
camerapersons away from the building.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch: Jayalalithaa's last rites performed by her close friend and aide Sasikala Natarajan
- Jayalalithaa's funeral procession: Sea of mourners gather to pay last respects
- Panel discussion over continuous chaos in Parliament on demonetisation
- Watch: Jayalalithaa's last rites performed by her close friend and aide Sasikala Natarajan - Part II
- DNA: Know why Jayalalithaa was buried and not cremated
- Twitter users blast Arvind Kejriwal as he says 'Modi will never appoint a Muslim Vice President no matter what Jung does'
- RBI to issue new Rs 100 banknotes, old notes to continue as legal tender
- Airtel’s free 4G internet offer may be a ploy to steal your data
- Kapil Sharma renews contract, his latest fee will make your jaw drop!
- RIP Amma: When Jayalalithaa sang one of her favourite songs, that too in Hindi - WATCH