Kabul: Afghan officials say an explosion has struck a German military convoy on a main road in northern Afghanistan, killing two Afghan civilians who were nearby.
A reporter at the scene saw at least one overturned armored vehicle and what appeared to be a civilian car that was mangled in the blast Sunday.
Provincial spokesman Muhbobullah Sayedi says the two civilians who were killed were pedestrians who were caught up in the blast. Sayedi said it appeared that bomb came from a suicide attacker.
At the scene, there was uncertainty about whether the blast was a suicide attack or a bomb that had been planted in the road.
NATO did not immediately respond to requests for comment on the incident.
NATO had previously reported three other service members died in fighting on Saturday. And the coalition said another four were killed in a vehicle accident.
NATO did not provide details on the incidents or the nationality of the dead, in keeping with a policy of waiting for national authorities to released such information.
The latest death brings the total to 38 NATO service members killed so far this month, and 244 for the year.