Explosives-laden car seized in Karachi
Islamabad: A major bombing bid was thwarted in Pakistan`s port city of Karachi when a car-load of explosives was seized following an exchange of fire between police and suspected Taliban militants, Geo News reported Sunday.
Following a tip-off, the police raided an area Saturday night in the city`s Surjani town to locate an outlawed Tehrik-e-Taliban Pakistan (TTP) hideout. But it met with heavy resistance as suspected terrorists used heavy as well as long-barrel automatic weapons against them.
Meanwhile, one of the three people, including two policemen, injured in the clash succumbed to his injuries at the hospital. Police arrested one of the alleged terrorists following the gun battle.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Analysis on actions taken against students protesting at JNU
- DNA: Analysis on actions taken against students protesting at JNU - Part II
- Watch: How students at JNU showcased anti-India spirit! - Part II
- DNA: Gravitational waves detected, proving Einstein right!
- Watch: Panel discussion on students turning traitors at JNU - Part IV
- Ex-Army officers threaten to return JNU degrees against 'anti-national' activities in campus
- Delhi Police issues alert over alleged Hafiz Saeed's tweet backing 'pro-Pak' JNU protesters
- Really? Is this why Deepika Padukone not open about her alleged relationship with Ranveer Singh?
- Congress leader from Gujarat conspired to implicate Narendra Modi in Ishrat Jahan case: Ex-IB officer
- LeT chief Lakhvi`s son was gunned down by Indian troops in Kashmir: David Headley