Explosives-laden car seized in Karachi
Islamabad: A major bombing bid was thwarted in Pakistan`s port city of Karachi when a car-load of explosives was seized following an exchange of fire between police and suspected Taliban militants, Geo News reported Sunday.
Following a tip-off, the police raided an area Saturday night in the city`s Surjani town to locate an outlawed Tehrik-e-Taliban Pakistan (TTP) hideout. But it met with heavy resistance as suspected terrorists used heavy as well as long-barrel automatic weapons against them.
Meanwhile, one of the three people, including two policemen, injured in the clash succumbed to his injuries at the hospital. Police arrested one of the alleged terrorists following the gun battle.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indian Army conducts surgical strikes across LoC: Watch DGMO Lt Gen Ranbir Singh's PC
- Exclusive: This is what Kashmir's stone pelters have to say!
- Indian Army avenges Uri with surgical strikes across LoC, heavy casualties
- Panel discussion on 'Most Favoured Nation' status India accorded to Pakistan in 1996
- Will India's SAARC summit boycott change Pak's attitude towards terrorism?
- SETBACK! Sedition case against 200 Congress workers for shouting 'Pakistan Zindabad' slogans during rally for Uri martyrs
- What is surgical strike and how it is conducted - MUST KNOW for every Indian
- SALUTE! Brave Indian army commandos give befitting reply to Pak-sponsored terrorists
- US NSA Susan Rice calls Ajit Doval, says 'expect Pakistan to take action against terror’
- Did Arvind Kejriwal tweet in favour of Pakistan over Uri attacks? Here is what Twitter says