Expo Pakistan postponed due to poor law and order in Karachi
Islamabad: Expo Pakistan, a major trade exhibition organised by the government, has been postponed because of the deteriorating law and order situation in the port city of Karachi that has made it difficult for foreign delegates to attend the show.
The financial crunch being faced by Pakistan is another reason for the postponement of the event that was scheduled to be held in February.
The Commerce Ministry has indicated that organising the conference will require substantial funds, which might not be available due to financial constraints, The Express Tribune newspaper reported today.
Exporters were of the opinion that even if the exhibition is held, it might not yield the desired results because factories are shutting down due to energy shortages amid high interest rates and an uncertain security situation.
The exhibition, organised by the Trade Development Authority, was scheduled to be held during February 25-28. The report quoted sources as saying that buyer delegations from the US and Europe could not be convinced to attend the fair.
An official announcement regarding the postponement of the event is expected to be made on January 24.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- PM Modi speaks at Golden Jubilee celebrations of poet Dinkar’s works
- Vadodara: Policemen seen dancing with bar girls
- Coal scam: Naveen Jindal, Madhu Koda and others get bail
- DNA: IAF Mirage 2000 fighter plane lands successfully on Yamuna expressway
- Zee Media Exclusive: Kangana, Madhavan talk about their film 'Tanu Weds Manu Returns'
- One year of Modi govt: Arun Jaitley addresses press conference
- DNA: Osama documents show 'Indian brother in Madinah' financed al Qaeda
- DNA: Harmful chemicals found in Maggi, Nestle India still in denial mode
- ISIS executes Syrian fighter using anti-tank rocket launcher
- CM Kejriwal shortlists 39 'unwanted' IAS officers in Delhi
- Zee Media Exclusive interview with Congress leader Kamal Nath
- Columbia student takes rape-protest mattress to graduation
- Mumbai: One injured in shootout at Film City
- DNA: Modi-led NDA govt's hits and misses in one year
- Delhi: Car catches fire after crash, one dead
- Jayalalithaa makes public appearance, meets Governor: As it happened
- IPL 2015, Qualifier 2: CSK vs RCB - As it happened...
- India to soon have its own space shuttle!
- Kejriwal slams notification on LG's powers, says Modi running Delhi govt through back door
- Tanu Weds Manu Returns movie review: Brilliant execution, superb performance!
- Manohar Parrikar meets troops at Siachen base camp
- Businessman shot next to Amitabh Bachchan's shooting location in Mumbai Film City
- Rahul Gandhi to pressurise govt to act on one-rank-one-pension issue
- PM Narendra Modi graces Digvijay Singh's son wedding reception
- After land bill, net neutrality, Rahul Gandhi to fight for ex-servicemen now
- SC asks Haryana Police to quickly finish AIPMT paper leak probe