‘F-16 delivery means strong military ties with Pak`
Washington: The US on Wednesday said the delivery of
latest F-16 fighter jets to Pakistan this week reflects that
it has maintained a strong military-to-military relationship
with Islamabad, despite recent setbacks in their ties.
"The programme represented by this transfer shows that
despite setbacks in the bilateral relationship last year our
mil-mil cooperation remains ongoing," Pentagon spokesman
Commodore William Speaks said.
"We look forward to broadening, expanding, and improving
this relationship moving forward," Speaks said in response to
Pakistan on Monday had received the last of the 18 F-16
fighter jets from the US.
Speaks refuted reports that there was any delay in
delivery of F-16.
"There was no delay. This final delivery was made as it
had originally been scheduled," he said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- There will be earthquake if I speak on demonetisation: Rahul Gandhi
- Opposition observes 'black day' to mark one month of demonetisation
- Zee Media Exclusive: A reality check on public opinion on notes ban!
- Panel discussion on the decision of demonetisation
- Watch shocking visuals - Speeding car rams pedestrians in Kolkata, 3 killed
- Yuvraj Singh-Hazel Keech Reception: MS Dhoni, Sourav Ganguly, Virender Sehwag attend lavish party — PHOTOS INSIDE
- Mongolia seeks India's financial aid, Chinese official media says it's 'insane'
- SC asks govt if demonetisation was confidential; to judge if policy unconstitutional
- Reliance Jio effect: Airtel offers free unlimited local and STD calls with 4G data at Rs 145
- OMG! Man punches Kangaroo in face to save dog – Watch video