‘F-16 delivery means strong military ties with Pak`
Washington: The US on Wednesday said the delivery of
latest F-16 fighter jets to Pakistan this week reflects that
it has maintained a strong military-to-military relationship
with Islamabad, despite recent setbacks in their ties.
"The programme represented by this transfer shows that
despite setbacks in the bilateral relationship last year our
mil-mil cooperation remains ongoing," Pentagon spokesman
Commodore William Speaks said.
"We look forward to broadening, expanding, and improving
this relationship moving forward," Speaks said in response to
Pakistan on Monday had received the last of the 18 F-16
fighter jets from the US.
Speaks refuted reports that there was any delay in
delivery of F-16.
"There was no delay. This final delivery was made as it
had originally been scheduled," he said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Intolerance issue: Proud to be Indian, won't leave country, says Aamir Khan
- I was shivering while interviewing Nirbhaya's friend, says Ramnath Goenka awardee Sudhir Chaudhary
- If India was intolerant, then Kiran Rao wouldn't have married Aamir Khan: Baba Ramdev
- Watch: Chicago cop shoots a 17-year-old black man 16 times
- Army camp attacked in J&K's Kupwara; three JeM terrorists, one civilian killed