‘F-16 delivery means strong military ties with Pak`
Washington: The US on Wednesday said the delivery of
latest F-16 fighter jets to Pakistan this week reflects that
it has maintained a strong military-to-military relationship
with Islamabad, despite recent setbacks in their ties.
"The programme represented by this transfer shows that
despite setbacks in the bilateral relationship last year our
mil-mil cooperation remains ongoing," Pentagon spokesman
Commodore William Speaks said.
"We look forward to broadening, expanding, and improving
this relationship moving forward," Speaks said in response to
Pakistan on Monday had received the last of the 18 F-16
fighter jets from the US.
Speaks refuted reports that there was any delay in
delivery of F-16.
"There was no delay. This final delivery was made as it
had originally been scheduled," he said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Trump-Sharif conversation: Team Donald denies Pakistan's claims
- Rahul Gandhi's and Congress' Twitter accounts hacked: Who's behind it?
- Rahul Gandhi's Twitter handle hacked again
- Hizbul commander Musa issues threats of attacks in new video
- Panel discussion over Mamata Banerjee's false allegations on Indian Army for political gains
- Gujarat businessman declares highest ever black money amount – Rs 13,000 crore!
- Army proves Mamata Banerjee wrong, releases letter showing West Bengal govt knew of exercise
- Rs 4.7 crore cash in Rs 2000 notes! Biggest seizure in new currency post demonetisation - What I-T recovered from Bengaluru, Chennai and Erode
- Manohar Parrikar exposes Mamata's attempt to politicise routine Army exercise in Kolkata
- Scam? 'Aam Aadmi Party using Delhi Transport Corporation to exchange Rs 500, Rs 1,000 notes'