‘F-16 delivery means strong military ties with Pak`
Washington: The US on Wednesday said the delivery of
latest F-16 fighter jets to Pakistan this week reflects that
it has maintained a strong military-to-military relationship
with Islamabad, despite recent setbacks in their ties.
"The programme represented by this transfer shows that
despite setbacks in the bilateral relationship last year our
mil-mil cooperation remains ongoing," Pentagon spokesman
Commodore William Speaks said.
"We look forward to broadening, expanding, and improving
this relationship moving forward," Speaks said in response to
Pakistan on Monday had received the last of the 18 F-16
fighter jets from the US.
Speaks refuted reports that there was any delay in
delivery of F-16.
"There was no delay. This final delivery was made as it
had originally been scheduled," he said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Jawaharlal Nehru's Wikipedia page edited from govt IP address; Congress seeks PM Modi's reply
- Check JEE (Main) 2015 rank on www.jeemain.nic.in, cbseresults.nic.in
- No liberal approach, mediation or compromise in rape cases: Supreme Court
- Delhi court restrains release of controversial movie 'Mohalla Assi'
- Lalitgate: Centre denies deal with Congress over Sushma Swaraj, Vasundhara Raje