‘Facebook fans’ urging Mush to return and save Pak
London: Former Pakistan president General Pervez Musharraf, who is vying to stage a comeback on the country’s political stage for quite some time now, has said that he has a huge fan following on the popular networking site, Facebook, which is consistently urging him to return to Pakistan to lift it from the prevalent chaos.
Speaking before an audience of more than 1,000 people at a sell-out event at the Hay Festival of Literature in mid Wales, Musharraf, who is living in London on an unannounced exile, claimed that his Facebook fan following has increased considerably in the recent past.
He said 80 percent of his fans are youngsters in the age group of 18 to 34, who are perturbed over Pakistan’s condition.
“In five months, my fan club has risen to 200,000. The youth is dismayed at the situation prevailing in Pakistan,” The Telegraph quoted Musharraf, as saying.
While highlighting that a sound economy holds the key for transforming the country into a successful and developed nation, Musharraf said: “Whether its development of the state, welfare of the well-being of the people it can only be done if your economy is doing well.”
The former general said that he would do whatever he can to bring stability and peace to Pakistan.
“If I can do something for Pakistan I should try. It is better to try and fail than not to try at all. It is bigger than self,” Musharraf said.
Describing Afghanistan as the ‘gravity’ of all issues facing the region, Musharraf said it was important that the ‘war on terror’ in Afghanistan continues to its logical end.
“The centre of gravity for all this is Afghanistan. As a soldier I see that we have to defeat the centre of gravity. We have to win, and we can win, we have to be optimistic,” he said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Missed the dance of American President Donald Trump? - Watch it here
- Pawan, a BE student develops smart dustbin -Watch
- Train accident in Andhra Pradesh leaves many people dead
- UP Assembly Elections: Akhilesh Yadav releases party's manifesto
- More than 9 lakh people participated in the oath-taking ceremony of Donald Trump
- 7th Pay Commission: Central govt employees expect Committee on Allowances report in February
- Cuttack ODI: Umpire Kumar Dharmasena messes up DRS review, twitter couldn't stop trolling
- India vs England, 3rd ODI: MS Dhoni felicitated at Eden Gardens — VIDEOS INSIDE
- Yuvraj Singh's wife Hazel Keech suggests new middle name for hubby Yuvi following Cuttack heroics
- Bigots at it again! Mohammed Shami called un-Islamic for posting picture with dog