Factory fire kills 5 in Bangladesh capital
Dhaka: Five people were killed and six
others injured as a fire ripped through a mosquito-repellent
factory here, less than two weeks after 29 workers died in
another factory fire nearby.
The fire broke out yesterday at a warehouse cum
factory in Khilkhet area of the city, fire service and police
"Five people were apparently killed instantly as
the fire broke out at the warehouse" where hundreds of cans of
mosquito repellent sprays and coils were stored, a police
Television reports quoting witnesses said
several hundred cans continued to explode for nearly 30
Fire fighters recovered five charred bodies from
the burnt-out remains and sent six others to hospitals with
burn injuries, a fire service spokesman said.
The Daily Star newspaper quoting the injured
people said the fire broke out when the workers were removing
chemicals from date-expired cans using a machine.
The warehouse management said a total of 20
workers were inside the factory when the fire broke out.
On December 15, Bangladesh had witnessed deaths of 29
people after a devastating fire that tore through a garment
factory at suburban Savar area at the outskirts of the
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Analysis of decision to name Aurangzeb Road after Dr. Abdul Kalam - Part III
- DNA: Analyzing Geeta Press' baseless accusations against Zee News - Part II
- Govt should stop discrimination against Muslims: Hamid Ansari
- DNA: How terrorists are trained by Pakistan Navy with help of ISI
- Indrani can do anything for money: Siddharth Das
- I am still single, says Hrithik Roshan
- Bharat bandh: Nation braces for country-wide strike on Wednesday
- Exclusive: I am father of Sheena, Mikhail, but never married Indrani Mukerjea, says Siddharth Das
- Sheena Bora murder case: Indrani Mukerjea charged with poisoning son Mikhail
- Former Pakistani spinner Arshad Khan now a taxi driver in Sydney!