Factory fire kills 5 in Bangladesh capital
Dhaka: Five people were killed and six
others injured as a fire ripped through a mosquito-repellent
factory here, less than two weeks after 29 workers died in
another factory fire nearby.
The fire broke out yesterday at a warehouse cum
factory in Khilkhet area of the city, fire service and police
"Five people were apparently killed instantly as
the fire broke out at the warehouse" where hundreds of cans of
mosquito repellent sprays and coils were stored, a police
Television reports quoting witnesses said
several hundred cans continued to explode for nearly 30
Fire fighters recovered five charred bodies from
the burnt-out remains and sent six others to hospitals with
burn injuries, a fire service spokesman said.
The Daily Star newspaper quoting the injured
people said the fire broke out when the workers were removing
chemicals from date-expired cans using a machine.
The warehouse management said a total of 20
workers were inside the factory when the fire broke out.
On December 15, Bangladesh had witnessed deaths of 29
people after a devastating fire that tore through a garment
factory at suburban Savar area at the outskirts of the
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch: Jayalalithaa's last rites performed by her close friend and aide Sasikala Natarajan
- Jayalalithaa's funeral procession: Sea of mourners gather to pay last respects
- Watch: Jayalalithaa's last rites performed by her close friend and aide Sasikala Natarajan - Part II
- DNA: Know why Jayalalithaa was buried and not cremated
- Panel discussion over continuous chaos in Parliament on demonetisation
- RIP Amma: Jayalalithaa dies after 75 days in hospital; Tamil Nadu mourns
- Twitter users blast Arvind Kejriwal as he says 'Modi will never appoint a Muslim Vice President no matter what Jung does'
- RBI to issue new Rs 100 banknotes, old notes to continue as legal tender
- Airtel’s free 4G internet offer may be a ploy to steal your data
- Kapil Sharma renews contract, his latest fee will make your jaw drop!