Family waits for report on Pak scribe`s killing
Lahore: An investigative report on the murder of Pakistani journalist Syed Saleem Shahzad is not likely be released as planned in November, said Shahzad`s brother-in-law Hamza Amer.
"The verdict was supposed to be announced in November. That is what the president of the Pakistani Federal Union of Journalists said," Amer told Adnkronos International.
"Until now members of the commission have not announced any developments."
Amer said the investigation headed by Pakistani Supreme Court judge Mian Saqib Nisarhas not turned up anything concrete.
The badly beaten body of Shahzad, who worked as a correspondent for Adnkroknos International and was Southeast Asia bureau chief for the Asia Times Online, was found in a canal 150 km southwest of Islamabad May 31, two days after he disappeared from the capital.
Suspicion over the 40-year-old father-of-three`s murder has fallen strongly on Pakistan`s spy agency ISI, which in an unusual move denied involvement in his death.
Days before Shahzad`s disappearance he published an article in Asia Times Online alleging links between al Qaeda and officials in the Pakistani navy.
Over 70 journalists have been killed in the line of duty in Pakistan since 2000.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Exiled Kashmiri Pandits share their heart wrenching stories
- Basic ideals of Constitution are in danger: Sonia Gandhi
- PM Modi greets nation on occasion of first Constitution Day
- Manjula Vaghela's journey: From rag picker to head of a firm with Rs 1 cr turnover!
- Indian Army faces shortage of field firing ranges in J&K
- Woman commits suicide after heated discussion with husband over Aamir Khan's intolerance remark
- Intolerance issue: Those attacking me are only proving my point, says Aamir Khan – Read full statement
- Setback to Kejriwal-led AAP as MLA Akhilesh Tripathi arrested in riot case
- 10 interesting facts about Constitution which every Indian must know
- See pic: Genelia marks son's birthday!