Father of Afghan lower house speaker killed in bombing
Kunduz: At least four people, including the father and a brother of Afghan parliament speaker, were killed on Wednesday in a suicide bombing in an area where a national game of Buzkashi was held in Kunduz province.
"Based on initial information by our police, four people including the father and a brother of Speaker of Wolesi Jirga or lower house of parliament Abdul Rauf Ibrahimi were killed in the suicide bombing this evening," a provincial government spokesman told Xinhua.
Spokesman Hinayatullah Khaleeq said that six people, including another brother of Ibrahimi, were wounded in the bombing which took place in Imam Sahib district around 5.30 p.m.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Turkey has the right to defend its airspace, says Obama
- J&K: Terrorists attack Army camp at Tangdhar near LoC
- Proud to be an Indian, no plans to leave the country, says Aamir Khan
- Rahul Gandhi's embarrassment in front of Bengaluru college students
- Panel discussion on Aamir Khan's ignorance on Kashmiri Pandits
- Intolerance issue: Proud to be Indian, won't leave country, says Aamir Khan
- Watch: Chicago cop shoots a 17-year-old black man 16 times
- Army camp attacked in J&K's Kupwara; three JeM terrorists, one civilian killed
- WATCH: Rahul Gandhi asks 'Is Swachh Bharat working', Mount Carmel girls yell 'Yessss'
- Aamir Khan's 12-day mystery: From lauding Modi's 'positive India' to dubbing India as 'intolerant'