Father of Afghan lower house speaker killed in bombing
Kunduz: At least four people, including the father and a brother of Afghan parliament speaker, were killed on Wednesday in a suicide bombing in an area where a national game of Buzkashi was held in Kunduz province.
"Based on initial information by our police, four people including the father and a brother of Speaker of Wolesi Jirga or lower house of parliament Abdul Rauf Ibrahimi were killed in the suicide bombing this evening," a provincial government spokesman told Xinhua.
Spokesman Hinayatullah Khaleeq said that six people, including another brother of Ibrahimi, were wounded in the bombing which took place in Imam Sahib district around 5.30 p.m.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- What Muslims think about Ram Mandir issue?
- Shiv Sena MP Ravindra Gaikwad barred from flying after his assault on AI staffer
- Martyrs' Day: Nation remembers Bhagat Singh, Sukhdev and Rajguru for their sacrifice
- London terrorist attack leaves five dead, including police officer
- Do not put unnecessary pressure on police: PM Modi tells UP BJP MPs
- Hukumdev Narain Yadav to be new Vice-President of India?
- 400 Trinamool Congress members including many TMC stalwarts join BJP in Tripura
- Unable to meet educational expenses, Muslim girl writes to PM Narendra Modi – Know what happened next
- Bhagat Singh, Sukhdev, Rajguru were hanged on 23 March 1931 – This is how PM Modi paid tribute today
- Mulayam Singh Yadav's son Prateek, his daughter-in-law Aparna meet UP CM Yogi Adityanath - Know why