Father of Afghan lower house speaker killed in bombing
Kunduz: At least four people, including the father and a brother of Afghan parliament speaker, were killed on Wednesday in a suicide bombing in an area where a national game of Buzkashi was held in Kunduz province.
"Based on initial information by our police, four people including the father and a brother of Speaker of Wolesi Jirga or lower house of parliament Abdul Rauf Ibrahimi were killed in the suicide bombing this evening," a provincial government spokesman told Xinhua.
Spokesman Hinayatullah Khaleeq said that six people, including another brother of Ibrahimi, were wounded in the bombing which took place in Imam Sahib district around 5.30 p.m.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Trump-Sharif conversation: Team Donald denies Pakistan's claims
- Hizbul commander Musa issues threats of attacks in new video
- 'Heart of Asia' Conference begins in Amritsar; Sartaj Aziz to pay a visit on Sunday
- Aware of Chinese submarine deployment at Balochistan's Gwadar port, says Navy chief
- Panel discussion over Mamata Banerjee's false allegations on Indian Army for political gains
- Gujarat businessman declares highest ever black money amount – Rs 13,000 crore!
- Rs 14,000 crore default case: Gujarat businessman detained, says money belongs to politicians, babus
- Army proves Mamata Banerjee wrong, releases letter showing West Bengal govt knew of exercise
- Manohar Parrikar exposes Mamata's attempt to politicise routine Army exercise in Kolkata
- Newly-wed couple Yuvraj Singh and Hazel Keech perform `bhangra` at Goa airport – Viral video