FBI makes public Fai`s ISI handlers’ phone numbers
Washington: The FBI has made public the
phone numbers and emails addresses of the alleged ISI handlers
of Ghulam Nabi Fai arrested here for collaborating with the
Pakistani spy agency by funnelling money to influence US
policy on Kashmir.
The FBI has identified Fai`s four alleged handlers in
Pakistan as `Abdullah`, Javeed Aziz Khan aka `Rathore`,
`Abdullah` and `Nizami Mir`; Touqeer Mehmood Butt and Sohail
Mahmood, who goes by the nickname `Mir`.
Between June 2008 till his arrest, Fai contacted them
more than 4,000 times. Between 2006 and early 2011 Javeed Aziz
Khan contacted Fai nearly 2,000 times, the FBI said.
The FBI affidavit said Brigadier Abdullah was the
ISI officer responsible for handling Kashmiri affairs.
Fai acted at the direction of his handlers from ISI,
court documents said.
In the course of executing the searches, investigators
found the "1999 Strategy Document for the Kashmiri-American
Council, Washington, DC USA" and documents with similar titles
for 2000, 2001, 2005, and 2006.
These documents described Kashmiri-American Council`s
plans to provide information to Executive Branch officials,
use Congress to highlight the issue of Kashmir, offset the
Indian lobby, and increase political pressure on both the US
Administration and the Government of India.
Fai provided similar documents to his handlers in
2008 and 2009, the FBI said adding that the documents retained
by Fai from 1999, 2000, 2001, 2005, and 2006 were copies of
documents that Fai also provided to his ISI handlers.
Court-authorised physical searches of Fai`s
residence and storage facility revealed 22 letters written by
Fai to Ahmad on a near-monthly basis between December 2003 and
Those letters contained balance sheets accounting for
the monies Fai had received to date during that fiscal year,
the identity of the individuals who had sent him money and how
much, and the amount Ahmad still needed to send to Fai.
They reflect that Ahmad was to transmit approximately
USD 314,500 to Fai in 2003; in 2004, 2005, and
2006, the totals were USD 505,000, USD 525,000 and USD
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- UP: Jammu-bound Muri Express derails in Kaushambi
- Five unmanned parachute-like objects spotted over Mumbai airport
- Aapke Sitare: Astro prediction for May 24, 2015
- Watch: Fast N Facts @ 7:30pm
- CBSE Board Class 12th Exam Results 2015 declared
- Dawood's intercepted phone calls prove yet again he is in Pakistan
- Jaipur girl Mini Rajpal wins Miss India Deaf 2015!
- One year of Modi govt: How satisfied is the common man?
- Delhi's 2015 CBSE Class 12 topper M Gayatri talks to Zee Media
- Mumbai architecture creates double decker bus from scrap!
- One year of Modi govt: How satisfied is the common man? Part-2
- One year of Modi govt: PM addresses mega rally in Mathura
- No respite from heat for next three days: IMD
- Growing medical negligence in Delhi's AIIMS
- Police registers case after parachute-like objects were spotted over Mumbai airport
- CBSE.nic.in 12th XII Results 2015: CBSE Board (cbseresults.nic.in) Class 12th XII Exam Results 2015 to be announced on May 25
- Heatwave claims over 550 lives so far, Delhi saw hottest day
- LIVE - Cbse.nic.in & cbseresults.nic.in Class 12th XII Results 2015: CBSE Board Class 12th XII Exam Results 2015 to be announced shortly
- Cbse.nic.in & cbseresults.nic.in Class 12th XII Results 2015: CBSE Board Class 12th XII Exam Results 2015 declared
- IPL 2015 final: Mumbai Indians thrash Chennai Super Kings by 41 runs to lift second title
- Check cbseresults.nic.in for CBSE Class 12 result 2015
- Two dead, over 100 injured as Muri Express derails in UP; Prabhu announces Rs 2 lakhs ex-gratia for kin of dead
- Mathura rally: PM Modi slams 'corrupt' UPA regime, lauds NDA govt's efforts in past one year
- Check WBBSE (wbresults.nic.in) Class 12th Results: West Bengal Board (wbscvet.org) Higher Secondary Class XII Vocational Results to be declared today at 4 PM
- PM Narendra Modi's Mathura rally: As it happened
- CBSE Class 12 results out: Here's how you can check
- Public rally on 100 days of AAP govt: As it happened
- CBSE Board 12th XII Results 2015: Cbse.nic.in & cbseresults.nic.in Class 12th XII Exam Results 2015 to be announced today at 12 Noon
- Kejriwal lists AAP govt's achievements of 100 days, slams Centre's 'dictatorial attitude'
- Arvind Kejriwal's Aam Aadmi Party changes its logo