Female govt official shot dead by gunmen in Afghan
Jalalabad: A senior female government official was shot dead by unidentified gunmen on Monday. No one has claimed the responsibility of the attack so far, as per news agency report.
The incident took place when the victim Nadia Sediqqi, head of women’s affairs department, was allegedly getting into a rickshaw on her way to work.
Incidentally, Sediqqi’s predecessor, Hanifa Safi, was also reportedly killed in a bomb attack earlier this year.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- When UN declared Dr APJ Abdul Kalam's 79th birthday as World Students' Day
- SC hearing on 1993 Mumbai blasts convict Yakub Memon's curative plea
- Bollywood pays respect to Dr APJ Abdul Kalam
- India's 'original rocket man': Abdul Kalam's phenomenal contribution to Science
- APJ Abdul Kalam: Not Hindu, Not Muslim – Death of an 'Indian'