Female suicide bomber kills 12 in Kabul to avenge anti-Islam film
Kabul: In the deadliest attack in retaliation to an anti-Islam film which has enraged the Muslims world over, a female suicide bomber rammed an explosives-laden car into a mini-bus carrying foreigners to Kabul airport leaving at least 12 dead early Tuesday.
The blast took place on the main road leading from Kabul airport to Kabul inter-continental hotel.
The minibus was carrying international staff working at the airport.
Afghan insurgent group Hezb-e-Islami has claimed responsibility for the attack, saying that it was in response to an anti-Islam film produced in the US, that mocks the Prophet Muhammad.
An eye witness told a news agency that he was waiting for a bus to go to work at 06:45 (03:15 GMT) when he saw a small white sedan ram into the minibus.
"The explosion was so powerful and loud that I could not hear anything for 10 minutes," said Abdullah Shah, a teacher.
Reacting to the attack, NATO has announced that it will restrict joint operations with Afghan forces from now on, the BBC said.
In wake of increasing insider attacks in Afghanistan and widespread violent attacks over anti-Islam film, the joint command of the International Security Assistance Force (Isaf)decided to cut down on joint Afghan-Nato military operations.
The suicide attack is the latest deadly reaction over an anti-Islam film produced in US that is deemed offensive to Prohet Mohammed.The film has provoked violent anti-Western protests throughout the world, which started in Cairo last Tuesday completing a week of protests.
With Agency Inputs
- Why should religion become a basis to fight for women's rights?
- Why should religion become a basis to fight for women's rights? - Part II
- Why should religion become a basis to fight for women's rights? - Part III
- Why should religion become a basis to fight for women's rights? - Part IV
- Will Sonia Gandhi reveal the truth behind AgustaWestland chopper scam?
- Sensex cracks below 26,000-mark, tanks 461 points
- Ranbir Kapoor's superhero dreams shattered?
- Make PM Narendra Modi's educational qualification public; people want to know truth: Arvind Kejriwal
- PM Narendra Modi takes his place alongside other world leaders at Madame Tussauds
- Indra Nooyi, Satya Nadella, Bhavesh Patel among highest paid CEOs in world