FIA official among 4 held for rape in Pak
Islamabad: Four persons, including an assistant director of the Federal Investigation Agency and a businessman, have been arrested for alleged involvement in the rape of a woman in a five-star hotel in the Pakistani capital.
The arrests were made after Interior Minister Rehman Malik directed authorities to act against all the persons who were allegedly involved in raping the young woman from Lahore.
A driver and a woman who brought the victim from Lahore to Islamabad by promising to find her a job were among those arrested, police said.
Malik directed the Director General of the FIA to immediately suspend the assistant director involved in the incident that occurred in the Marriott Hotel on Monday.
Malik also issued orders for a departmental inquiry against the assistant director.
The Islamabad police chief was directed to thoroughly probe the incident and to act against all those involved in the crime.
Malik said a senior police official should visit the victim`s family to assure them that they would get justice.
Malik further asked the Interior Secretary to ensure that the charge-sheet is presented in court within the required period so that the accused could be prosecuted.
After the victim called police from the hotel on Monday night and said she had been raped by three men, police officials carried out a raid and arrested the three men and the woman.
Police later registered a case of gang rape against the suspects.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- 24 dead after boat carrying 40 capsizes in river Ganga in Patna; many still missing
- My father wanted me to be a man of character: Navjot Singh Siddhu
- Is Akhilesh Yadav overlooking Muslims as Mulayam Singh alleged?
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: What characteristics define a true leader?
- Tourists flock to Manali as snowfall takes a short break
- Abhishek Bachchan reveals the moment when Aishwarya Rai said 'yes' to him
- India vs England, 1st ODI: As it happened...
- India vs England, Pune ODI: MS Dhoni still the boss; convinces Virat Kohli with spot on DRS call — WATCH
- India vs England, 1st ODI: Ravichandran Aswhin steals the show with huge six — WATCH
- Petrol price hiked by 42 paisa per litre, diesel by Rs 1.03 a litre