Fighter jets kill 15 suspected militants: Pakistan
Parachinar: A government official says fighter jets have pounded militant hide-outs in northwestern Pakistan, killing 15 suspected insurgents.
Samiullah Khan, a senior government administrator, says the jets attacked three different areas in the Orakzai tribal region on Sunday morning.
Pakistani forces launched an operation in Orakzai in mid-March to flush out militants who last year fled an army offensive in the nearby tribal area of South Waziristan.
Independent confirmation of casualties in Orakzai and the identities of those killed is virtually impossible because the region is remote and dangerous and media access there is restricted.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Exiled Kashmiri Pandits share their heart wrenching stories
- Basic ideals of Constitution are in danger: Sonia Gandhi
- PM Modi greets nation on occasion of first Constitution Day
- Indian Army faces shortage of field firing ranges in J&K
- DNA: 7th anniversary of 26/11 attacks, Nation pays homage to martyrs
- Woman commits suicide after heated discussion with husband over Aamir Khan's intolerance remark
- Setback to Kejriwal-led AAP as MLA Akhilesh Tripathi arrested in riot case
- 10 interesting facts about Constitution which every Indian must know
- See pic: Genelia marks son's birthday!
- Bigg Boss, Day 46: Priya Malik urinates inside the car!