Fighter jets kill 15 suspected militants: Pakistan
Parachinar: A government official says fighter jets have pounded militant hide-outs in northwestern Pakistan, killing 15 suspected insurgents.
Samiullah Khan, a senior government administrator, says the jets attacked three different areas in the Orakzai tribal region on Sunday morning.
Pakistani forces launched an operation in Orakzai in mid-March to flush out militants who last year fled an army offensive in the nearby tribal area of South Waziristan.
Independent confirmation of casualties in Orakzai and the identities of those killed is virtually impossible because the region is remote and dangerous and media access there is restricted.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch video: The epic battle between 'Machli' tigress and a 14-foot-long crocodile!
- India, Bangladesh swap border enclaves, settle historic dispute; people rejoice
- Home Ministry holds high-level meet over ISIS
- 'Remembering Dr APJ Abdul Kalam' - President Pranab Mukherjee's photo tribute on Twitter
- Watch: Passenger plane dangerously oscillates before touching runway