Fighter jets kill 15 suspected militants: Pakistan
Parachinar: A government official says fighter jets have pounded militant hide-outs in northwestern Pakistan, killing 15 suspected insurgents.
Samiullah Khan, a senior government administrator, says the jets attacked three different areas in the Orakzai tribal region on Sunday morning.
Pakistani forces launched an operation in Orakzai in mid-March to flush out militants who last year fled an army offensive in the nearby tribal area of South Waziristan.
Independent confirmation of casualties in Orakzai and the identities of those killed is virtually impossible because the region is remote and dangerous and media access there is restricted.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- No trace of IAF's AN-32 aircraft and survivors
- Rio Olympics 2016: NADA to take decision on Narsingh Yadav's fate today
- Intruder who ‘spiked’ wrestler Narsingh Yadav’s food identified: Sources
- China increases soldiers at Ladakh's Pangong Lake
- Madhya Pradesh: Two women assaulted at railway station for carrying beef
- Lok Sabha passes child labour Bill despite opposition from children's rights activists
- India unlikely to get Kohinoor diamond back, hints UK minister
- Narshingh Yadav doping scandal: ‘Intruder’ who may have spiked wrestler's food identified?
- IMF says Egypt seeking financial support
- Pacer Kagiso Rabada scoops six South African awards