Fighter jets kill 15 suspected militants: Pakistan
Parachinar: A government official says fighter jets have pounded militant hide-outs in northwestern Pakistan, killing 15 suspected insurgents.
Samiullah Khan, a senior government administrator, says the jets attacked three different areas in the Orakzai tribal region on Sunday morning.
Pakistani forces launched an operation in Orakzai in mid-March to flush out militants who last year fled an army offensive in the nearby tribal area of South Waziristan.
Independent confirmation of casualties in Orakzai and the identities of those killed is virtually impossible because the region is remote and dangerous and media access there is restricted.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Ganga river crosses danger mark in UP, Bihar and West Bengal
- NDMC issues notices to President's Estate for mosquito breeding
- DNA: Analysis of how Indian women's success in Olympics changed mindset of our society
- DNA: Analysis of how Indian women's success in Olympics changed mindset of our society- Part II
- DNA: Analysis of loss caused by floods in India
- PV Sindhu, Sakshi Malik, Dipa Karmakar, Jitu Rai to receive Khel Ratna awards
- Kashmir issue can be resolved politically, not judicially: SC
- SpiceJet to launch flights to Silchar, Aizwal
- BCCI AGM on September 21; Board awaits Review Petition verdict
- Kareena Kapoor Khan to kickstart shooting for 'Veere Di Wedding'! Deets inside