Fighting in east Afghanistan kills police officer
Kabul: Police say insurgents have attacked a district government centre in eastern Afghanistan, sparking a gunbattle that lasted for hours and left a police officer and four militants dead.
Ghazni provincial Police Chief General Zirawer Zahid says Monday`s firefight took place in Qarabagh district. He says the attack started early in the morning and lasted "several hours" before the militants retreated.
The fighting comes the day after six suicide bombers attacked a governor`s security meeting in a town near the country`s capital. Twenty-two people were killed in that attack.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Video: India won't tolerate disrespect to national anthem – this Mumbai family learnt it the hard way
- Watch: Boy dies after falling from a Mumbai local train – video maker is guilty too!
- Had Sardar Patel become PM, India would have been another Pakistan, says Kancha Ilaiah
- Shocking! World Cup winning cricketer forced to sell 'kachoris' to make a living
- Watch: ISIS terrorist blown into pieces while bragging about his previous victory