Fighting in east Afghanistan kills police officer
Kabul: Police say insurgents have attacked a district government centre in eastern Afghanistan, sparking a gunbattle that lasted for hours and left a police officer and four militants dead.
Ghazni provincial Police Chief General Zirawer Zahid says Monday`s firefight took place in Qarabagh district. He says the attack started early in the morning and lasted "several hours" before the militants retreated.
The fighting comes the day after six suicide bombers attacked a governor`s security meeting in a town near the country`s capital. Twenty-two people were killed in that attack.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Dengue cases on the rise in Delhi - Is the govt waiting for another epidemic?
- JNU student accuses fellow PhD scholar and AISA member of rape
- Sukhoi 30MKI posted in Arunachal Pradesh; Kiren Rijiju lauds development
- Olympic medalist PV Sindhu returns to Hyderabad; receives grand welcome
- Twelve-year-old ISIS suicide bomber caught and arrested in Iraq
- Didn't have any confidence before 'Kick': Jacqueline Fernandez
- Oil Tankers Association calls off strike in Jammu ?
- French Chevalier award winner Kamal Haasan is Sivaji of our generation: Rajinikanth
- 'Mohenjo Daro' collections: Hrithik Roshan, Pooja Hegde's period drama rakes in Rs 55 cr so far!
- Japan protests to Russia over man detained on disputed island