Fighting in east Afghanistan kills police officer
Kabul: Police say insurgents have attacked a district government centre in eastern Afghanistan, sparking a gunbattle that lasted for hours and left a police officer and four militants dead.
Ghazni provincial Police Chief General Zirawer Zahid says Monday`s firefight took place in Qarabagh district. He says the attack started early in the morning and lasted "several hours" before the militants retreated.
The fighting comes the day after six suicide bombers attacked a governor`s security meeting in a town near the country`s capital. Twenty-two people were killed in that attack.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Security guard beats woman journalist publicly in Pakistan
- Pakistan violates ceasefire in J&K's Hiranagar; 7 Pak Rangers killed, BSF jawan injured
- ISIS terrorists escape Mosul disguised in women's clothing
- DNA: Analysing the existing poor condition of Indian education system
- DNA: Pakistan violates ceasefire in J&K's Hiranagar; Seven Pak Rangers killed
- Navjot Singh Sidhu out on zero to Waqar Younis in 1990 – The match Kapil Sharma keeps talking about
- MS Dhoni reacts in astonishment as Axar Patel takes a stunning one-handed catch - VIDEO
- BSP shrugs off Rita Bahuguna 's jump; says BJP will still face defeat in UP polls
- MS Dhoni or Virat Kohli? Here's Virender Sehwag's best ever reply
- Sushant Singh Rajput’s former girlfriend Ankita Lokhande’s Karva Chauth photos will surprise you