Fighting in east Afghanistan kills police officer
Kabul: Police say insurgents have attacked a district government centre in eastern Afghanistan, sparking a gunbattle that lasted for hours and left a police officer and four militants dead.
Ghazni provincial Police Chief General Zirawer Zahid says Monday`s firefight took place in Qarabagh district. He says the attack started early in the morning and lasted "several hours" before the militants retreated.
The fighting comes the day after six suicide bombers attacked a governor`s security meeting in a town near the country`s capital. Twenty-two people were killed in that attack.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Trouble mounts for Salman Khan as driver reiterates that actor killed blackbuck
- PM Modi to chair NITI aayog meeting today
- Narsingh Yadav dope scandal: NADA set to announce verdict today
- Protests in Kashmir were fuelled by LeT: Hafiz Saeed
- Cabinet approves changes to GST Bill, drops 1% additional tax
- Eye on China? India to buy four P-8I aircraft from US for maritime surveillance over Indian Ocean Region
- Terrorist captured in J&K's Kupwara district is Pakistani national from Lahore: Report
- No question of tampering with samples of shot putter Inderjeet Singh: NADA boss
- New Israeli settlement plans `provocative and counterproductive`: US
- One billion iPhones have been sold: Apple CEO Tim Cook