Fire at Dhaka trade fair
Five stalls were Tuesday gutted when a fire broke out at the 18th Dhaka International Trade Fair.
Dhaka: Five stalls were Tuesday gutted when a fire broke out at the 18th Dhaka International Trade Fair here in the Bangladesh capital barely hours after its inauguration.
The fire at the fair being held in at Sher-e-Bangla Nagar started around 6.30 p.m. from an electric short circuit, police told the Daily Star.
A fire-fighting unit stationed at the fair along with two other units brought the blaze under control in about 20 minutes. No casualties were reported.
Earlier, Prime Minister Sheikh Hasina inaugurated the month-long fair.