Fire at Dhaka trade fair
Dhaka: Five stalls were Tuesday gutted when a fire broke out at the 18th Dhaka International Trade Fair here in the Bangladesh capital barely hours after its inauguration.
The fire at the fair being held in at Sher-e-Bangla Nagar started around 6.30 p.m. from an electric short circuit, police told the Daily Star.
A fire-fighting unit stationed at the fair along with two other units brought the blaze under control in about 20 minutes. No casualties were reported.
Earlier, Prime Minister Sheikh Hasina inaugurated the month-long fair.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Azam Khan demands ban on cow slaughter across India, says Muslims should stop eating beef
- Sunil Grover to return as Dr Mashoor Gulati!
- No ban on cow slaughter in three Northeast states if party comes to power next year: BJP
- Asaduddin Owaisi asks Centre to clarify policy on buffalo meat export, Nirmala Sitharaman gives apt reply
- Those ready to work 20 hours daily are welcome, rest can leave - UP CM Yogi Adityanath's message to govt officials