Fire at Dhaka trade fair
Dhaka: Five stalls were Tuesday gutted when a fire broke out at the 18th Dhaka International Trade Fair here in the Bangladesh capital barely hours after its inauguration.
The fire at the fair being held in at Sher-e-Bangla Nagar started around 6.30 p.m. from an electric short circuit, police told the Daily Star.
A fire-fighting unit stationed at the fair along with two other units brought the blaze under control in about 20 minutes. No casualties were reported.
Earlier, Prime Minister Sheikh Hasina inaugurated the month-long fair.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indian Army conducts surgical strikes across LoC: Watch DGMO Lt Gen Ranbir Singh's PC
- Indian Army targets terror camps across LoC; Pak PM Sharif condemns
- 7 terror camps destroyed by Indian Army in surgical strikes
- Indian Army surgical strike: Pak rejects claim, says 2 soldiers killed
- Is it time for India to respond militarily to Pak terror instead of peace talks?
- What is surgical strike and how it is conducted - MUST KNOW for every Indian
- SALUTE! Brave Indian army commandos give befitting reply to Pak-sponsored terrorists
- Surgical strikes across LoC in Pakistan were filmed, videos kept as proof
- US NSA Susan Rice calls Ajit Doval, says 'expect Pakistan to take action against terror’