Fire at Dhaka trade fair
Dhaka: Five stalls were Tuesday gutted when a fire broke out at the 18th Dhaka International Trade Fair here in the Bangladesh capital barely hours after its inauguration.
The fire at the fair being held in at Sher-e-Bangla Nagar started around 6.30 p.m. from an electric short circuit, police told the Daily Star.
A fire-fighting unit stationed at the fair along with two other units brought the blaze under control in about 20 minutes. No casualties were reported.
Earlier, Prime Minister Sheikh Hasina inaugurated the month-long fair.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch - IIT-Kharagpur develops superpower drone 'BHIM' that could aid soldiers in war zones
- Anti-Romeo squad launched: Has moral policing started in UP?
- Jharkhand: Congress leader, 3 others killed in shootout in Dhanbad
- CM Yogi’s cleanliness drive: UP cops clean up police stations
- Do not put unnecessary pressure on police: PM Modi tells UP BJP MPs
- 400 Trinamool Congress members including many TMC stalwarts join BJP in Tripura
- Hukumdev Narain Yadav to be new Vice-President of India?
- Bhagat Singh, Sukhdev, Rajguru were hanged on 23 March 1931 – This is how PM Modi paid tribute today
- Kapil Sharma fight on flight row: Did Sunil Grover, Ali Asgar and Chandan Prabhakar skip shoot?
- Mohammad Kaif welcomes Yogi Adityanath's appointment as new Uttar Pradesh chief minister