Fire at military barracks in Karachi
Islamabad: A fire broke out Sunday in a vacant military barracks in Pakistan`s port city Karachi but was soon brought under control, a media report said.
The incident took place in Shahrae Faisal area, Dawn News reported.
The barracks was unoccupied when it caught fire and no injuries were reported, the Pakistani military`s media wing said.
The fire appeared to have been caused by an electrical short circuit.
Fire-fighting teams and emergency teams of the Pakistan Navy reached the spot and brought the fire under control in three hours.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Analysis of Indus water treaty between India and Pakistan
- DNA: US army's joint exercise with Indian Army and their consolation on Uri attack
- India- America joint military exercise begins in Ranikhet
- India to activate laser walls on LOC to stop infiltration
- Panel discussion on 'Most Favoured Nation' status India accorded to Pakistan in 1996
- Five takeaways from Sushma Swaraj's speech at UN General Assembly
- Reliance Jio impact: Vodafone offers 10 GB data at 1 GB rate
- SETBACK! Sedition case against 200 Congress workers for shouting 'Pakistan Zindabad' slogans during rally for Uri martyrs
- 7 scenarios Pak will face directly if India scraps Indus Waters Treaty – Read details
- REALITY CHECK of WhatsApp message: How common man can sign petition to declare Pakistan a terror state