Fire in garment factory kills six workers in Dhaka
Dhaka: A fire that broke out in a garment factory in Dhaka on Saturday has claimed at least six lives.
According to an English newspaper, all six killed in the accident were employees and 10 others are severely injured.
The factory, ‘Smart Fashions’ is situated in Mohammadpur area of the capital.
After a strenuous combined effort by the police and fire-fighters, the inferno was doused and the dead bodies were taken out.
The cause for the fire is yet not known and the police is investigating the accident.
Earlier on November 24, a deadly fire at the Tazreen garment factory in the Ashulia district on the outskirts of Dhaka had claimed 112 lives.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- WATCH: MS Dhoni asks Jasprit Bumrah to go easy after he hurriedly ran out England skipper Eoin Morgan
- IND vs ENG, 2nd ODI: Yuvraj Singh silences critics with 14th ODI hundred, fourth against England — WATCH
- WATCH: How MS Dhoni saved Yuvraj Singh's wicket with another successful DRS review
- India vs England: After Virender Sehwag, Sachin Tendulkar gives Piers Morgan cricketing gyan
- Jallikattu protests continue in Tamil Nadu, sea of protesters camp on Marina beach