First ever call by Pakistani warship to Russian port
Islamabad: PN Aslat is set to become the first Pakistani warship to make a port call to Russia, officials said on Monday.
The Aslat will pay a goodwill call to the Russian port of Novorossiysk during October 17-20. A welcoming ceremony will be held on the vessel`s arrival at Novorossiysk naval base.
The ceremony will be followed by a meeting of Pakistan Fleet Commander Rear Admiral Khan Hasham Bin Siddique and the Head of Novorossiysk Administration, V I Sinyagovsky and Capt S M Pinchuk, Senior Marine Chief, the officials said.
Aslat is on a goodwill visit to ports in North Sudan, Libya, Russia, Turkey and Saudi Arabia.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Explosion in Delhi's Naya Bazar, one killed; anti-terror wing, Special cell at spot
- This is why Cyrus Mistry was removed as Chairman of Tata Sons!
- Prompt action on border pushes Pak to offer olive branch, says both sides need to 'formalise' 2003 ceasefire
- 7th Pay Commission: Committee on Allowances proposes hike in HRA for central govt employees
- Read letters by Ratan Tata to PM Narendra Modi and Group employees after Cyrus Mistry's ouster