First ever call by Pakistani warship to Russian port
Islamabad: PN Aslat is set to become the first Pakistani warship to make a port call to Russia, officials said on Monday.
The Aslat will pay a goodwill call to the Russian port of Novorossiysk during October 17-20. A welcoming ceremony will be held on the vessel`s arrival at Novorossiysk naval base.
The ceremony will be followed by a meeting of Pakistan Fleet Commander Rear Admiral Khan Hasham Bin Siddique and the Head of Novorossiysk Administration, V I Sinyagovsky and Capt S M Pinchuk, Senior Marine Chief, the officials said.
Aslat is on a goodwill visit to ports in North Sudan, Libya, Russia, Turkey and Saudi Arabia.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Will Akhilesh-Rahul alliance be able to trump BJP in UP elections?
- Arms case: Salman Khan acquitted by Jodhpur court
- Raisina Dialogue 2017: Pakistan must walk away from terror, says PM Modi
- DNA: Analysis of insensitivity shown by political leaders over rising poverty in India
- Are separatists scared with 'Dangal' girl Zaira Wasim's success?
- World's 30 most dynamic cities: Check out the full list
- WATCH: Kieron Pollard's incredible one-handed six demoralises Fawad Ahmed
- China State TV said that its troops can reach New Delhi in 48 hours in war scenario; Indians slay it with their replies
- IND vs ENG, 2nd ODI: Yuvraj Singh silences critics with 14th ODI hundred, fourth against England — WATCH
- Bengaluru pips Silicon Valley to become world's most dynamic city