First ever call by Pakistani warship to Russian port
Islamabad: PN Aslat is set to become the first Pakistani warship to make a port call to Russia, officials said on Monday.
The Aslat will pay a goodwill call to the Russian port of Novorossiysk during October 17-20. A welcoming ceremony will be held on the vessel`s arrival at Novorossiysk naval base.
The ceremony will be followed by a meeting of Pakistan Fleet Commander Rear Admiral Khan Hasham Bin Siddique and the Head of Novorossiysk Administration, V I Sinyagovsky and Capt S M Pinchuk, Senior Marine Chief, the officials said.
Aslat is on a goodwill visit to ports in North Sudan, Libya, Russia, Turkey and Saudi Arabia.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Land of believers! Out of 1.2 billion people, only 33,000 are atheists in India
- Hafiz Saeed is overseeing attacks by ISIS fighters in Afghanistan?
- Blackbuck poaching case: Rajasthan government may appeal against Salman Khan's acquittal
- 'Michael Jackson died a vulnerable man'
- Kunis, Kutcher bought wedding rings on e-commerce site