Five children among 27 killed in Pakistan accident
Islamabad: At least 27 people, including five women and two children, were killed and 20 others injured when a passenger van hit a trailer in Pakistan`s south Sukkur district Sunday, media reports said.
The accident took place near Pano Akil town of the Sukkur, a district in the country`s south Sindh province, when the van ran head-on into the trailer, reported Xinhua.
The van was completely destroyed and compressed in the attack, trapping the injured people inside.
Rescue workers broke windows and had to cut the van to bring the injured people out.
Faisal Abdullah of Superintendent Motorway Police said that the accident happened due to negligence of the bus driver who hit into the trailer while trying to overtake it from the wrong side.
Pakistan is among the countries having worst record of fatal traffic accidents, mainly due to poor roads, lack of driving skills, badly maintained vehicles and violation of road safety rules.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indian Army conducts surgical strikes across LoC: Watch DGMO Lt Gen Ranbir Singh's PC
- Pak forces will teach Zee News what real surgical strike is: Hafiz Saeed
- Indian Army targets terror camps across LoC; Pak PM Sharif condemns
- 7 terror camps destroyed by Indian Army in surgical strikes
- DNA: Indian Army carries out surgical strikes across LoC
- Hafiz Saeed threatens Zee News, says Pak forces will teach what real surgical strikes are
- What is surgical strike and how it is conducted - MUST KNOW for every Indian
- Pak postpones SAARC Summit after five member states pull out of conference: As it happened
- SALUTE! Brave Indian army commandos give befitting reply to Pak-sponsored terrorists
- Surgical strikes across LoC in Pakistan were filmed, videos kept as proof