Five children among 27 killed in Pakistan accident
Islamabad: At least 27 people, including five women and two children, were killed and 20 others injured when a passenger van hit a trailer in Pakistan`s south Sukkur district Sunday, media reports said.
The accident took place near Pano Akil town of the Sukkur, a district in the country`s south Sindh province, when the van ran head-on into the trailer, reported Xinhua.
The van was completely destroyed and compressed in the attack, trapping the injured people inside.
Rescue workers broke windows and had to cut the van to bring the injured people out.
Faisal Abdullah of Superintendent Motorway Police said that the accident happened due to negligence of the bus driver who hit into the trailer while trying to overtake it from the wrong side.
Pakistan is among the countries having worst record of fatal traffic accidents, mainly due to poor roads, lack of driving skills, badly maintained vehicles and violation of road safety rules.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA : When will Indian govt take strong actions against terrorism?
- Drunk girl assaults Mumbai police in Worli
- Arun Jaitley upset with Subramaniam Swami's Twitter attack
- Bombay HC to pronounce verdict on entry of woman to Haji Ali Dargah today
- DNA: When will Indian govt take strong actions against terrorism? - Part II
- Extremists in India, Pakistan think military action is only solution to Indo-Pak conflict: Sudheendra Kulkarni
- 7th Pay Commission: All you should know
- Terrorists barge into BJP leader's residence in J&K's Chadoora, snatch AK-47 rifle from his PSO
- Mysore royal wedding: Yaduveer Krishnadatta Chamaraja's wedding attire was designed by Pramoda Devi. Know more facts
- Karnataka Police records statement of nursing student