Five children among 27 killed in Pakistan accident
Islamabad: At least 27 people, including five women and two children, were killed and 20 others injured when a passenger van hit a trailer in Pakistan`s south Sukkur district Sunday, media reports said.
The accident took place near Pano Akil town of the Sukkur, a district in the country`s south Sindh province, when the van ran head-on into the trailer, reported Xinhua.
The van was completely destroyed and compressed in the attack, trapping the injured people inside.
Rescue workers broke windows and had to cut the van to bring the injured people out.
Faisal Abdullah of Superintendent Motorway Police said that the accident happened due to negligence of the bus driver who hit into the trailer while trying to overtake it from the wrong side.
Pakistan is among the countries having worst record of fatal traffic accidents, mainly due to poor roads, lack of driving skills, badly maintained vehicles and violation of road safety rules.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- UP CM Yogi Adityanath takes 50 decisions without single Cabinet meet
- UP CM Yogi Adityanath reviews Gomti riverfront work
- UP CM Yogi Adityanath warns supporters of criminals, mafia
- Legal, illegal slaughterhouses in UP: What you need to know
- Triple talaq, polygamy integral part of Islam: AIMPLB tells SC
- Azam Khan demands ban on cow slaughter across India, says Muslims should stop eating beef
- Kapil Sharma–Sunil Grover fallout: Kiku Sharda finally breaks silence
- Sunil Grover to return as Dr Mashoor Gulati!
- Asaduddin Owaisi asks Centre to clarify policy on buffalo meat export, Nirmala Sitharaman gives apt reply
- No ban on cow slaughter in three Northeast states if party comes to power next year: BJP