Five dead as building collapses in Lahore
Islamabad: At least five people from a family, including a woman, were killed after a three-storey building collapsed in Pakistan`s Lahore city Friday morning. Seven members of the family were buried under the tonnes of rubble.
The building was desperately in need of repair, rescuers said.
Two occupants, pulled out alive from under the debris, were critically injured, Geo News quoted rescuers as saying.
"No one should have been living in such a wobbly lodging in the first place. It could have toppled anytime. The owners must have rebuilt it from the ground long ago," they added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch - Huge fire breaks out at petrol pump in Kota, Rajasthan
- NSG now 'nine times' stronger; receives technological strength from 12 countries!
- RJD strongman Shahabuddin brought to Delhi
- Bihar: Congress leader Brajesh Pandey accused of running sex racket
- UP elections in third phase; voting on 69 seats of 12 districts
- 7th Pay Commission: Allowances committee raises HRA to 30%?
- Virat Kohli thanks sprint legend Usain Bolt for congratulating him on 'record' Puma deal
- Virat Kohli becomes first Indian sportsperson to sign Rs 100-crore endorsement deal
- IPL 2017 Auction: Reaction-filled Twitter erupts with emotions!
- Sony Xperia X gets a price cut of whopping Rs 14,000