Five dead in Afghanistan bombing
Kabul: Five people were killed and six injured Thursday in a blast in Afghanistan`s Helmand province, an official said.
The blast hit Marja district of the southern Helmand province, provincial administration spokesman Farid Zirak said. The province is over 500 km south of Kabul.
"An explosive device, apparently a suicide vest, exploded inside a religious school in Shin Ghazak village of Marja district at around 7 a.m. leaving five dead and injured six," Zirak told Xinhua.
He also did not rule out Taliban involvement in the incident, saying the militants often carry out such attacks.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- PM Narendra Modi holds talks with Uzbek leader
- Shahid Kapoor marriage: 500 guests have been invited for the wedding, says card designer
- Pakistan violates ceasefire in J&K, one BSF jawan killed in Kupwara
- Mass failure in DU exam: HRD Minister Smriti Irani asks officials to enquire
- Vyapam scam: Congress accuses MP CM of 'misleading' people, demands his resignation