Five dead in Afghanistan bombing
Kabul: Five people were killed and six injured Thursday in a blast in Afghanistan`s Helmand province, an official said.
The blast hit Marja district of the southern Helmand province, provincial administration spokesman Farid Zirak said. The province is over 500 km south of Kabul.
"An explosive device, apparently a suicide vest, exploded inside a religious school in Shin Ghazak village of Marja district at around 7 a.m. leaving five dead and injured six," Zirak told Xinhua.
He also did not rule out Taliban involvement in the incident, saying the militants often carry out such attacks.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Will Akhilesh-Rahul alliance be able to trump BJP in UP elections?
- Arms case: Salman Khan acquitted by Jodhpur court
- Raisina Dialogue 2017: Pakistan must walk away from terror, says PM Modi
- DNA: Analysis of insensitivity shown by political leaders over rising poverty in India
- Are separatists scared with 'Dangal' girl Zaira Wasim's success?
- World's 30 most dynamic cities: Check out the full list
- WATCH: Kieron Pollard's incredible one-handed six demoralises Fawad Ahmed
- China State TV said that its troops can reach New Delhi in 48 hours in war scenario; Indians slay it with their replies
- IND vs ENG, 2nd ODI: Yuvraj Singh silences critics with 14th ODI hundred, fourth against England — WATCH
- Bengaluru pips Silicon Valley to become world's most dynamic city