Five dead in Afghanistan bombing
Kabul: Five people were killed and six injured Thursday in a blast in Afghanistan`s Helmand province, an official said.
The blast hit Marja district of the southern Helmand province, provincial administration spokesman Farid Zirak said. The province is over 500 km south of Kabul.
"An explosive device, apparently a suicide vest, exploded inside a religious school in Shin Ghazak village of Marja district at around 7 a.m. leaving five dead and injured six," Zirak told Xinhua.
He also did not rule out Taliban involvement in the incident, saying the militants often carry out such attacks.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Complete analysis of APJ Abdul Kalam's life and achievements
- 6 leaders were in contact with Dawood Ibrahim till 26/11: Report
- Rameswaram waits to give final salute to Dr Abdul Kalam
- Last rites of Gurdaspur attack martyr Baljit Singh in Kapurthala
- SC order on Yakub Memon huge disappointment, setback: Owaisi
- When UN declared Dr APJ Abdul Kalam's 79th birthday as World Students' Day
- APJ Abdul Kalam's funeral: Why Rameswaram was chosen over New Delhi?
- SC refuses stay on Yakub Memon's hanging: As it happened
- APJ Abdul Kalam's funeral to be held in Rameswaram; PM Modi to attend
- New SC bench to hear 1993 Mumbai bomb blasts convict Yakub Memon's plea on Wednesday