Five fall to death in Lahore building fire
Islamabad: At least five people were killed on Thursday when they fell from the seventh floor of a 13-storey building that caught fire in Pakistan`s Lahore metropolis, a media report said.
A huge fire erupted at 12 noon on the seventh floor of the Lahore Development Authority (LDA) plaza and engulfed two more floors within minutes, leaving several people stranded, Geo News reported.
Army helicopters were put in service to rescue the trapped people. All five people lost their lives when they fell while attempting to descend by ropes.
The exact number of people trapped in the building was not known. TV footage showed people screaming for help as flames engulfed the building. One of the dead was identified as Iqbal, an LDA employee.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indrani 'slow-poisoned' Sheena, wanted to portray Mikhail as 'mentally unstable'?
- 'Mann ki Baat': Will implement 13 new pointers to Land Bill from today itself, says PM Modi
- People have no faith left in Modi government: Sonia Gandhi at Swabhiman rally
- Will not allow any political party to join agitation: Hardik Patel
- Swabhiman rally: About Bihar's development or Narendra Modi?
- Satire website publishes article on Osama bin Laden being alive and quotes Edward Snowden
- Sheena Bora murder case: Indrani Mukerjea's ex-husband Sanjeev Khanna, driver taken to Raigad to recreate crime scene
- Indrani's former brother-in-law claims Sheena was Siddharth Das' daughter
- Sheena murder: Suitcase seized from Indrani, Peter's residence meant for disposing Mikhail's body?
- Militants kill two engineers in Pakistan airport attack