Five ISAF troops killed in Afghanistan
Kabul: Five NATO-led International Security Assistance Force (ISAF) soldiers were killed Saturday in Afghanistan`s Kandahar province when a roadside bomb struck a military vehicle Saturday, a government official and the coalition force confirmed.
"The soldiers were on patrol in Maiwand district this afternoon when a roadside bomb struck a military vehicle killing five service members on the spot," reported Xinhua citing a government official. The deadly blast took place in the afternoon.
Earlier, the ISAF also confirmed the soldiers` death in the IED blast in south Afghanistan.
"Five International Security Assistance Force service members died following an Improvised Explosive Device attack in southern Afghanistan today," the ISAF statement added.
This year 47 soldiers of the NATO-led forces have been killed in conflict-ridden Afghanistan.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Will step down if chair becomes impediment in father's vision for J&K: Mehbooba Mufti
- Nuke programme made Pakistan's defence impregnable: Nawaz Sharif
- Indian Army now confirms Hizbul Mujahideen militant Tariq Pandit held
- Kepler 62f: An exoplanet 1200 light years away may be habitable!
- UEFA Champions League final: Five classic Real Madrid-Atletico Madrid derbies