Five ISAF troops killed in Afghanistan
Kabul: Five NATO-led International Security Assistance Force (ISAF) soldiers were killed Saturday in Afghanistan`s Kandahar province when a roadside bomb struck a military vehicle Saturday, a government official and the coalition force confirmed.
"The soldiers were on patrol in Maiwand district this afternoon when a roadside bomb struck a military vehicle killing five service members on the spot," reported Xinhua citing a government official. The deadly blast took place in the afternoon.
Earlier, the ISAF also confirmed the soldiers` death in the IED blast in south Afghanistan.
"Five International Security Assistance Force service members died following an Improvised Explosive Device attack in southern Afghanistan today," the ISAF statement added.
This year 47 soldiers of the NATO-led forces have been killed in conflict-ridden Afghanistan.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch: Yogi Adityanath's first speech as Uttar Pradesh CM in Gorakhpur
- Watch: Yogi Adityanath's speech at Gorakhnath temple
- Yogi Adityanath to visit Gorakhpur for first time today after becoming UP CM
- BJP MLA Vikram Saini accused of voicing controversial statement
- DNA: Analysing the 'no first use' nuclear policy of India
- Is this for real: Ajinkya Rahane bizarre shot went for six, concerned Virat Kohli settles with smile — WATCH
- WATCH: Skipper Virat Kohli carries drinks for Team India
- WATCH: Tom Latham takes IMPOSSIBLE catch to dismiss Faf du Plessis
- Mohanlal's 'Manyam Puli' has a BREATHTAKING scene where TIGER attacks a boy! WATCH 'Pulimurugan' clip
- Kapil Sharma-Sunil Grover fight: Will it be a shutdown for 'The Kapil Sharma Show'?