Five killed, 20 injured in Quetta blast
Islamabad: Five persons, including a woman, were killed and 20 others injured when a vehicle of the security forces was on Wednesday targeted with a roadside bomb in Quetta city of south west Pakistan, police said.
The vehicle was hit by the blast in Shahbaz Town in the suburbs of Quetta city, the capital of the restive Balochistan province this afternoon.
Three security personnel and a woman were among those killed in the attack.
Twenty injured people, including seven security personnel, were taken to nearby hospitals, police officials said.
The powerful blast destroyed the security forces vehicle, two cars and a motorcycle.
Several nearby buildings and shops were also damaged.
Footage on television showed several burning cars that had been peppered by shrapnel packed into the bomb.
Police officials said an estimated 15-kg of explosives was used in the attack.
No group claimed responsibility for the incident though such attacks are usually blamed on Baloch nationalist groups.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- BSP shrugs off Rita Bahuguna 's jump; says BJP will still face defeat in UP polls
- Navjot Singh Sidhu out on zero to Waqar Younis in 1990 – The match Kapil Sharma keeps talking about
- MS Dhoni reacts in astonishment as Axar Patel takes a stunning one-handed catch - VIDEO
- Pierce Brosnan 'deeply shocked and saddened' because of Pan Masala brand ad
- Sushant Singh Rajput’s former girlfriend Ankita Lokhande’s Karva Chauth photos will surprise you