Five killed, five missing in Nepal landslides
Kathmandu: Five people were killed and another five went missing due to landslides triggered by incessant rain in two districts of western Nepal Monday.
Three persons, including two minors, were killed in landslides in two different villages in Palpa district, police said.
A thirteen year old girl and an eight year old boy were among those killed in the incident, according to Home Ministry sources.
In a separate incident, two persons have been killed when their house was buried in Myagdi district of North-West Nepal.
In another incident, five people of a single family have gone missing when a house swept away by a landslide at Marbu Village in Dolakha district of central Nepal following incessant rainfall on today, the police said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Shocking! Three murders within 48 hours in Delhi
- Copa America Final: Time for Messi to end Argentina drought in Copa final?
- Summer Olympics: Boxer Laishram Devendro out of contention for Rio berth
- 'Only 15% water left in major reservoirs in India; west, south worst hit'
- Amarnath Yatra: J&K DGP reviews security arrangements