Five killed in Balochistan violence
Islamabad: Five persons, including two
policemen and a former councillor, were shot dead in three
separate attacks in the restive Balochistan province of
southwest Pakistan today, police said.
Unidentified gunmen shot dead Khurshid Sarangzai, a
former councillor, at a bus stand in Mastung district, a
police official said.
The killers fled after the shooting.
Hours later, gunmen opened fire at a market near Joint
Road in provincial capital Quetta, killing two policemen and a
Another passer-by was injured, police said.
In yet another attack, gunmen shot two government
employees at Baloch Colony in Quetta.
One of them was killed while the other was injured.
No group claimed responsibility for the attacks.
Balochistan has witnessed a surge in militant and
sectarian violence in recent months.
Thirteen Shia Hazara men were gunned down by
Lashkar-e-Jhangvi militants in provincial capital Quetta
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Rahul Gandhi takes another dig at NDA govt, says Manmohan gave lessons on economy to PM Modi
- Delhi HC backs LG, turns down plea challenging Jung's authority
- WB Class 12 (HS) Result 2015 declared on wbresults.nic.in, wbchse.nic.in
- No radioactive leak at IGI airport, say AERB and Delhi govt
- WBCHSE (wbchse.nic.in & wbresults.nic.in): West Bengal Class 12th Result to be declared on May 29