Five militants killed in Pak tribal belt
Peshawar: At least five pro-Taliban
militants were killed today in clashes with security forces in
Pakistan`s restive northwestern Orakzai tribal region,
The clashes erupted when militants tried to halt
advancing forces in the Taliban strongholds of Sanghra and
Mashti Mela in Orakzai, they said.
Five militants were killed in these clashes, the
In a separate incident, militants blew up a state-run
health centre at Akhonkot in Mamozai area of Orakzai tribal
Pakistani security forces have claimed to have killed
over 300 militants since an offensive was launched last month
to flush the Taliban out of Orakzai.
The figure cannot be independently confirmed as
journalists are barred from reporting from the conflict zone.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- India- America joint military exercise begins in Ranikhet
- Exclusive: This is what Kashmir's stone pelters have to say!
- India to activate laser walls on LOC to stop infiltration
- Panel discussion on 'Most Favoured Nation' status India accorded to Pakistan in 1996
- Former bureaucrat BK Bansal commits suicide along with his son at Delhi residence
- Did Arvind Kejriwal tweet in favour of Pakistan over Uri attacks? Here is what Twitter says
- Rameez Raja picks all-time XI - Three Indians, but just one Pakistani make it to the list
- As Pakistan gloats over hosting 70 Russians, 250 Indian Army soldiers renew bonds in Vladivostok