Five Pakistani paramilitary men killed
Islamabad: Suspected gunmen from the Lashkar-e-Jhangvi outfit attacked a checkpost in Pakistan`s Balochistan province and gunned down five paramilitary troopers, officials said on Thursday.
The pre-dawn attack was launched in Sui town, which houses the country`s biggest natural gas reservoir, Xinhua reported.
The checkpost was set up at the entrance of the town and was manned by the Frontier Corps.
The gunmen fled after the attack. No group has claimed responsibility but police blamed it on the banned Lashkar-e-Jhangvi.
Security personnel launched a search operation for the attackers.
The attack took place hours after gunmen shot dead three Shia Muslims in Quetta -- an official of the Federal Investigation Agency, a drama artist and another man.
Police said the attack on Frontier Corps was probably in retaliation against the killings.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- PM Narendra Modi's speech at Heart of Asia conference
- Aware of Chinese submarine deployment at Balochistan's Gwadar port, says Navy chief
- Like SAARC, should India boycott Pak in Heart of Asia conference?
- 'Heart of Asia' Conference begins in Amritsar; Sartaj Aziz to pay a visit on Sunday
- Iraqi army inches close to Baghdadi in Mosul- Report
- Rs 14,000 crore default case: Gujarat businessman detained, says money belongs to politicians, babus
- Newly-wed couple Yuvraj Singh and Hazel Keech perform `bhangra` at Goa airport – Viral video
- Gujarat man who disclosed Rs 14,000 crore unaccounted wealth goes missing
- RBI to issue new Rs 20, Rs 50 notes; old notes to remain legal tender
- Rahul Dravid heaps praise on Virat Kohli, R Ashwin; calls duo modern cricket legends