Five Pakistani paramilitary men killed
Islamabad: Suspected gunmen from the Lashkar-e-Jhangvi outfit attacked a checkpost in Pakistan`s Balochistan province and gunned down five paramilitary troopers, officials said on Thursday.
The pre-dawn attack was launched in Sui town, which houses the country`s biggest natural gas reservoir, Xinhua reported.
The checkpost was set up at the entrance of the town and was manned by the Frontier Corps.
The gunmen fled after the attack. No group has claimed responsibility but police blamed it on the banned Lashkar-e-Jhangvi.
Security personnel launched a search operation for the attackers.
The attack took place hours after gunmen shot dead three Shia Muslims in Quetta -- an official of the Federal Investigation Agency, a drama artist and another man.
Police said the attack on Frontier Corps was probably in retaliation against the killings.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Rahul to lead 'Mashal Juloos' in protest against power cuts, water crisis in Delhi
- CBSE Class Xth Results 2016 to be declared today at 2 pm; check cbse.nic.in, cbseresults.nic.in
- WATCH: MIRACLE! This fielder did the unthinkable during GL vs SRH Qualifier 2
- Marcus Rashford nets place in record books as England beat Australia 2-1
- India's NSG membership is not about arms, US tells Pakistan