Five Pakistani paramilitary men killed
Islamabad: Suspected gunmen from the Lashkar-e-Jhangvi outfit attacked a checkpost in Pakistan`s Balochistan province and gunned down five paramilitary troopers, officials said on Thursday.
The pre-dawn attack was launched in Sui town, which houses the country`s biggest natural gas reservoir, Xinhua reported.
The checkpost was set up at the entrance of the town and was manned by the Frontier Corps.
The gunmen fled after the attack. No group has claimed responsibility but police blamed it on the banned Lashkar-e-Jhangvi.
Security personnel launched a search operation for the attackers.
The attack took place hours after gunmen shot dead three Shia Muslims in Quetta -- an official of the Federal Investigation Agency, a drama artist and another man.
Police said the attack on Frontier Corps was probably in retaliation against the killings.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Video: India won't tolerate disrespect to national anthem – this Mumbai family learnt it the hard way
- Watch: Boy dies after falling from a Mumbai local train – video maker is guilty too!
- Had Sardar Patel become PM, India would have been another Pakistan, says Kancha Ilaiah
- Watch: ISIS terrorist blown into pieces while bragging about his previous victory
- Shocking! World Cup winning cricketer forced to sell 'kachoris' to make a living