Five people injured in explosion at election rally in Nepal
Kathmandu: Five people have been injured in a bomb explosion at an election campaign rally organised by the CPN-UML in eastern Nepal, police said on Sunday.
Victims of yesterday`s blast at Khokling Village of Taplejung district include a 12-year-old boy and three women. They are currently being treated at Taplejung district hospital.
No one has claimed responsibility for the explosion just 10 days ahead the historic Constituent Assembly polls.
Tara Limbu of the Communist Party of Nepal- Unified Marxist Leninist (CPN-UML) said they have identified two suspects who may be responsible for the explosion.
One of them was seen throwing the bomb targeting the stage and then fled the scene, Limbu said.
The Nepal Police, Armed Police Force and Nepal Army are carrying out a manhunt to nab the suspects.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Mysore Maharaja Yaduveer ties knot with princess Trishika of Dungarpur
- India becomes full member of Missile Technology Control Regime
- Singapore Airlines plane catches fire at Changi Airport
- Govt's insensitivity towards Pampore terror attack martyrs leaves nation stunned
- Mysore Maharaja Yaduveer Wadiar ties knot with princess Trishika Singh of Dungarpur, Rajasthan
- Finance Minister Arun Jaitley cuts short China visit
- Pratyusha Banerjee’s boyfriend Rahul Raj Singh has moved on already! Here's proof
- Last rites of martyred CRPF inspector performed in Thiruvananthapuram
- ‘Sasural Simar Ka’ heroine Dipika Kakar admits to being in love with her co-star – Details inside
- Congress condemns Punjab Health Minister's 'shameful' remark on drugs