Five people injured in explosion at election rally in Nepal
Kathmandu: Five people have been injured in a bomb explosion at an election campaign rally organised by the CPN-UML in eastern Nepal, police said on Sunday.
Victims of yesterday`s blast at Khokling Village of Taplejung district include a 12-year-old boy and three women. They are currently being treated at Taplejung district hospital.
No one has claimed responsibility for the explosion just 10 days ahead the historic Constituent Assembly polls.
Tara Limbu of the Communist Party of Nepal- Unified Marxist Leninist (CPN-UML) said they have identified two suspects who may be responsible for the explosion.
One of them was seen throwing the bomb targeting the stage and then fled the scene, Limbu said.
The Nepal Police, Armed Police Force and Nepal Army are carrying out a manhunt to nab the suspects.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Trump-Sharif conversation: Team Donald denies Pakistan's claims
- Rahul Gandhi's and Congress' Twitter accounts hacked: Who's behind it?
- Rahul Gandhi's Twitter handle hacked again
- Hizbul commander Musa issues threats of attacks in new video
- Panel discussion over Mamata Banerjee's false allegations on Indian Army for political gains
- Gujarat businessman declares highest ever black money amount – Rs 13,000 crore!
- Army proves Mamata Banerjee wrong, releases letter showing West Bengal govt knew of exercise
- Rs 4.7 crore cash in Rs 2000 notes! Biggest seizure in new currency post demonetisation - What I-T recovered from Bengaluru, Chennai and Erode
- Manohar Parrikar exposes Mamata's attempt to politicise routine Army exercise in Kolkata
- Scam? 'Aam Aadmi Party using Delhi Transport Corporation to exchange Rs 500, Rs 1,000 notes'