Five people killed in bus mishap in southern Nepal
Kathmandu: At least five people were killed today and two dozen others were injured when a passenger bus plunged into a river in southern Nepal.
"A bus heading towards Kathmandu ferrying passengers from Dharan veered off Khahare bridge and fell some 50 meters down into the Trishuli River this morning," informed Sub-Inspector Rohit Dulal of Mugling Area Police Office.
The incident occurred in Chandibhanjyang Village of Chitawan district. The injured passengers were admitted to Bharatpur Hospital and Kurintar Hospital for medical treatment, the police said.
Army and police personnel rescued some victims with the help of the local people.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indian Army conducts surgical strikes across LoC: Watch DGMO Lt Gen Ranbir Singh's PC
- Indian Army targets terror camps across LoC; Pak PM Sharif condemns
- 7 terror camps destroyed by Indian Army in surgical strikes
- DNA: Indian Army carries out surgical strikes across LoC
- Indian Army surgical strike: Pak rejects claim, says 2 soldiers killed
- Hafiz Saeed threatens Zee News, says Pak forces will teach what real surgical strikes are
- What is surgical strike and how it is conducted - MUST KNOW for every Indian
- Pak postpones SAARC Summit after five member states pull out of conference: As it happened
- SALUTE! Brave Indian army commandos give befitting reply to Pak-sponsored terrorists
- Surgical strikes across LoC in Pakistan were filmed, videos kept as proof