Five people killed in Pak fire
Lahore: Five persons were killed and 12 more injured when a fire erupted in the studio of a private TV channel in this eastern Pakistani city early Monday, police said.
The fire broke out in the TV studio at Garhi Shahu area of Lahore during a special transmission for `Sehri`, the pre-dawn meal before the fasting during the Islamic holy month of Ramzan.
The bodies and the injured were taken to a nearly hospital.
The condition of three of the injured was critical, officials said.
The fire was caused by an electrical short circuit in the TV studio, the officials said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch - Huge fire breaks out at petrol pump in Kota, Rajasthan
- NSG now 'nine times' stronger; receives technological strength from 12 countries!
- Bihar: Congress leader Brajesh Pandey accused of running sex racket
- BJP MP Yogi Adityanath compares Akhilesh Yadav with 'Aurangzeb' and 'Kans'
- Panel discussion over why SP government is backing Gayatri Prajapati
- Reliance Jio's tariff plan from April 1; voice calls, roaming to be free: Mukesh Ambani
- 7th Pay Commission: Allowances committee raises HRA to 30%?
- Virat Kohli thanks sprint legend Usain Bolt for congratulating him on 'record' Puma deal
- IPL 2017 Auction: Reaction-filled Twitter erupts with emotions!
- Virat Kohli becomes first Indian sportsperson to sign Rs 100-crore endorsement deal