Five people killed in Pak fire
Lahore: Five persons were killed and 12 more injured when a fire erupted in the studio of a private TV channel in this eastern Pakistani city early Monday, police said.
The fire broke out in the TV studio at Garhi Shahu area of Lahore during a special transmission for `Sehri`, the pre-dawn meal before the fasting during the Islamic holy month of Ramzan.
The bodies and the injured were taken to a nearly hospital.
The condition of three of the injured was critical, officials said.
The fire was caused by an electrical short circuit in the TV studio, the officials said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- SP leader seeks RS seat for Yakub's wife, sacked
- Political war of words erupts over Yakub Memon's execution
- Exclusive chat with Bajrangi Bhaijaan's Munni aka Harshaali Malhotra
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: How do you cope up with ever changing environment in life?
- Mumbai: Woman pushed off from running local train by robbers
- Watch: Passenger plane dangerously oscillates before touching runway
- Yakub Memon's execution: Supreme Court Deputy Registrar quits over judgement
- Indian Army finds cow bombs near border, Maoists hand suspected?
- Delhi's graduate beggar – The amount he earns will shock you!
- Govt formalises strategies to counter ISIS threat, maintain internal security