Five people killed in Pak fire
Lahore: Five persons were killed and 12 more injured when a fire erupted in the studio of a private TV channel in this eastern Pakistani city early Monday, police said.
The fire broke out in the TV studio at Garhi Shahu area of Lahore during a special transmission for `Sehri`, the pre-dawn meal before the fasting during the Islamic holy month of Ramzan.
The bodies and the injured were taken to a nearly hospital.
The condition of three of the injured was critical, officials said.
The fire was caused by an electrical short circuit in the TV studio, the officials said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Is Samajwadi Party-Congress alliance just a compulsion for Akhilesh Yadav?
- UP polls: When fans played spoilsport for SP star campaigner Dimple Yadav
- Have political parties diverted from development agenda in UP elections?
- Pakistan cancels licenses of weapons issued to Hafiz Saeed and his aides
- DNA: How India became world's largest arms importer
- BMC election 2017 results LIVE: Shiv Sena leads in 92 seats, BJP ahead in 73; counting underway
- BMC exit poll: BJP predicted to score big in neck-and-neck battle with Shiv Sena
- How Kashmiris use children for 'meri jaan Pakistan' type 'freedom struggle' - WATCH
- Maharashtra Civic Results 2017 LIVE: Mumbai Congress chief Sanjay Nirupam offers resignation; Shiv Sena ahead in BMC polls
- Thane Municipal Corporation Elections 2017 Results LIVE: Counting underway; Shiv Sena leads the race