Five policemen killed in Afghanistan Taliban attack
Kabul: At least four policemen were killed Monday in a Taliban ambush in Afghanistan`s Herat province, an official said.
"The police chief of Farsi district and four policemen were killed after their vehicle was struck by a rocket propelled grenade (RPG) at 8:30 a.m," the official told Xinhua.
He said that the victims were driving towards their office when the attack occurred.
The RPG grenade was launched by Taliban militants, the official added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch: Mother beats her infant son in Bareilly, tries to strangulate him
- Women can enter inner sanctorum of Haji Ali Dargah: Mumbai HC
- Watch: PM Modi's speech on Transforming India at NITI Aayog
- Mysterious fever claims 12 lives in Noida within 15 days
- Panel discussion on Mumbai HC allowing women to enter Haji Ali Dargah
- Samsung Galaxy Note 7 with 6GB RAM, 128GB storage likely to be launched today
- Subramanian Swamy's piece of advice to Rahul Gandhi - Quit politics to save Congress future
- Strong Indo-US ties to strengthen both economies: White House
- First look of Emraan Hashmi's maiden home production 'Captain Nawab' out! - Pic inside
- Despite public outcry over images of man carrying dead wife, Odisha gives clean chit to hospital