Five policemen killed in Afghanistan Taliban attack
Kabul: At least four policemen were killed Monday in a Taliban ambush in Afghanistan`s Herat province, an official said.
"The police chief of Farsi district and four policemen were killed after their vehicle was struck by a rocket propelled grenade (RPG) at 8:30 a.m," the official told Xinhua.
He said that the victims were driving towards their office when the attack occurred.
The RPG grenade was launched by Taliban militants, the official added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Rajnath Singh meets J&K CM Mehbooba Mufti to discuss current situation in valley
- AAP MLA Amantulla Khan arrested for misbehaving with a woman
- Fight for respect towards Dalits in UP merely a vote-garnering strategy?
- Fight for respect towards Dalits in UP merely a vote-garnering strategy? - Part II
- Fight for respect towards Dalits in UP merely a vote-garnering strategy? - Part III
- 2016 Olympics: Russia escape blanket ban, but IOC bars whistle-blower from Rio Games
- Pakistan Daily calls Nawaz Sharif's statement on Kashmir 'wishful thinking and unrealistic'
- Hungarian Grand Prix: Record fifth win sends Lewis Hamilton top
- Olympian predicts record medal haul from Indian shooters at 2016 Rio Games
- Watch video: NASA's SDO captures solar material bursting from the sun!